sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

5 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

I’m looking forward to toy story 4 a ton but I can’t wait until Pixar gets back to making original movies 

I liked inside out and coco a lot more than incredibles 2. 

Next decade of 2020s will be fun 

Which makes the wait for D23 all the more agonizing right now, but still exciting. They're incredibly tight lipped about everything coming after Onward (which we'll probably get a trailer for in a few weeks) - now that I think of it. maybe Pixar and WDAS are keeping everything close to themselves after what happened with Newt and Gigantic. As someone who's been underwhelmed by every Pixar sequel that doesn't have "Toy Story" in the title, I really can't wait for their next slate of films, especially after Coco and Inside Out.

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'm so confused why it has a prime mid-July release date all to itself. That's the date WB gave the final Potter/TDK/TDKR/Inception. 

They know that Big Chungus is gonna sell those tickets (yes I know this meme is dead shut up)

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The ironic bit here is that Titanic's budget at the time was the source of a lot of controversy.  Especially when it appeared at first that it wasn't going to make all that much.

And then the legs happened.  And happened and happened and happened.

Oh, I remember. I lived through that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe they should go the Pixar route or really just the old fashioned route of attaching a 5 minute short to the start of every WB movie.

Then they can package and sell them as well as regaining interest in the older shorts

Disney should do the same with the Mouse and other older properties to freshen them for newer audiences.

But I guess that would cut into the 30 minutes of ads and trailers before each movie...

The Looney Tunes Cartoons IIRC is being released on a variety of platforms so we might see a few attached to films. 

Disney already have had success with the new Mickey Mouse shorts but those are released on either Disney Channel or YouTube.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

They know that Big Chungus is gonna sell those tickets (yes I know this meme is dead shut up)

That’ll sell em, all wight. Hehehehehe! Phooey.

(Get off my lawn, you damn kids. I was laughing at that fat Bugs gag 20 years ago.)

Edited by TServo2049

1 minute ago, PNF2187 said:

Which makes the wait for D23 all the more agonizing right now, but still exciting. They're incredibly tight lipped about everything coming after Onward (which we'll probably get a trailer for in a few weeks) - now that I think of it. maybe Pixar and WDAS are keeping everything close to themselves after what happened with Newt and Gigantic. As someone who's been underwhelmed by every Pixar sequel that doesn't have "Toy Story" in the title, I really can't wait for their next slate of films, especially after Coco and Inside Out.

Me too. I never liked cars but monsters university and the incredibles 2. They were pretty average for Pixar standards which is still good but not amazing or great 

especially post lassister era.

my favourite director is Pete Docter. Can’t wait to see what he’s been working on 

I just love when people misuse the term monopoly and complain that one studio is putting out products that people like more. 🙄   

(Not directed at any single person or comment, finally got through the last couple pages)

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Disney should do the same with the Mouse and other older properties to freshen them for newer audiences.

Disney actually has done modern Mickey Mouse shorts...on the Disney Channel that is. But they're also on YouTube. They even did an abridged version of Snow White in one of these shorts.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Pikachu's not gonna do $150m domestic, I don't see in what world Space Jam 2 would get there.

1 hour ago, Minnale101 said:

I rather kids grow up watching Disney than other studios 

the messages in movies are still meaningful especially Pixar movies 

illumination is too dumb down 

Illumination is only for kids

• Like 1

Those shorts show beyond a doubt that Mickey Mouse can be more than just the bland corporate icon everyone pigeonholes him as.

I swear, they need to eventually make that Mickey-and-friends adventure that Burny Mattinson has been trying to get made for literal decades, and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mickey does not have to be a bland, perpetually cheerful cipher.

In the cartoons I used to watch as a kid, he could be a mischief maker, or a goofball, or threaten Donald Duck at gunpoint not to bail out on his symphony. Those new shorts do a great job at giving Mickey back some actual character.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Pikachu's not gonna do $150m domestic, I don't see in what world Space Jam 2 would get there.

the world where GSW somehow agrees to play the monstars

• Like 3

Oh jeez right I forgot to mention Brightburn is doing AWFUL here. Had like 5 people for the main evening show (and 3 of them were staff lol). Maybe it plays MUCH better for a late night crowd...? 

Not sure if anyone on NW coast is seeing the same thing