That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

This conversation is really getting off the rails. Each person is allowed to have their preferences, even if those preferences are seemingly racist. 

In any event, what can be said about Aladdin. My goodness, no one predicted this run after the trailers got killed on YouTube and on social media. My son and I really enjoyed it, so I am happy it is doing well.

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every movie that I have seen this summer. I loved Endgame. I really liked SLOP2 and Aladdin. I skipped Godzilla, but a friend of mine said it was good. I thought Ma was enjoyable as were John Wick 3, Dark Phoenix and Shaft. For me, this summer has been good at the movies. Obviously, that is not the case for a lot of people, as many haven’t bothered to go.

I don't think having preferences when it comes to attraction is racist in the slightest.

But I can tell that the dude is baiting and trolling.

7 minutes ago, bleachella said:

I can't believe I just had to read with my own eyes things like "I never find black women attractive" or "I wouldn't have sex with anyone who isn't white" and using words like "elite blacks" and "orientals" and then trying to act like they are not racists :gold:

Like take this shit to 4chan or something, also we all know you aren't getting any laid anyways lmao

What did i say wrong? Sorry I did not mean to offend anyone. i agree "elite blacks" is fucking stupid but is oriental not an appropriate word for people from  eastern Asia? what word does the PC Police want me to say?

Edited by Avatree
  • Knock It Off 4

5 minutes ago, bleachella said:

I can't believe I just had to read with my own eyes things like "I never find black women attractive" or "I wouldn't have sex with anyone who isn't white" and using words like "elite blacks" and "orientals" and then trying to act like they are not racists :gold:

Like take this shit to 4chan or something, also we all know you aren't getting any laid anyways lmao

I was the one who said "elite blacks." I apologize deeply if I offended anyone.

I kind of use the term "elite" pretty loosely to mean "very good." Was referring to women I found extremely attractive. My mistake. :(

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

If someone had an ex who resembled Halle and the mere sight of her brought back bad memories, then I could understand why someone did not find her attractive. Or, if you had been blessed and you have a current gf/wife/partner who is hotter than Halle, then I could understand why you would not find her attractive. Otherwise, Halle is arguably one of the most beautiful women to have ever graced the silver screen. 

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

arguably

That is the key word. 🙂

• Knock It Off 4

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Toy Story 4 was more certain to do billie than Aladdin ever was but look at it now. 

Eh, No? 

I have been screaming E-X-C-H-A-N-G-E-S.  R-A-T-E-S to anybody that would listen about this movie yet I can see people being shocked when this thing ends below Coco OS 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Didn’t TS4 have higher preview screenings than Finding Dory? Why is its Friday number so much lower? 

Therein lies the big puzzle to me. Yes I realize that FD had the Sunday Father's day (did it? I don't remember) but I can't see how TS4 and FD didn't have the same preview-OD ratio. The ONLY thing I can gather is that FD (like I2) was the second chapter while TS4 was the 4th making it less-um-desired than the other two. That's the only thing I can figure. It's not like SLOP2 is doing any sort of damage. And Aladdin is "down" to $4 million Friday (which is still pretty phenomenal but not in a way that seems to be damaging TS4).

I still see TS4 making around $420-$430 domestic and barely making it to $1 billion WW.

Edited by jedijake

6 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Eh, No? 

I have been screaming E-X-C-H-A-N-G-E-S.  R-A-T-E-S to anybody that would listen about this movie yet I can see people being shocked when this thing ends below Coco OS 

Interesting, I wasn't aware that exchange rates have plummeted so drastically since memorial Day.

3 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Eh, No? 

Being a one of the most Awaited film , critically Acclaimed franchise , excellent reviews , No competition in market ...

TS4 was more certain to do $1 B than any other movie 

though your point is Valid as well ..

8 minutes ago, salvador-232 said:

Eh, No? 

I've been predicting an underperformer but didn't say anything cause I'd be called crazy. You can't go from a freaking masterpiece like TS3 with a beautiful ending to TS4 and not expect audiences to be put off because of how great TS3 was and how satisfying a conclusion it was. This movie was not necessary.

Edited by Cappoedameron

To be honest, I never got the notion of TS4 flying over $1B, imho it’d need Dory numbers domestic which is something I never thought was happening.

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Interesting, I wasn't aware that exchange rates have plummeted so drastically since memorial Day.

To anybody knowledgeable about the change in ER from 2010 until now and past performance of Pixar Sequels in western Europe an Japan (they tend to decrease) knew that 1 billion would require very heavy lifting from DOM, which only seemed big enough around the time the 200m OW predictions started appearing in the trades. Outside that period, I don't think that TS4 billion's chances were bigger than Aladdin's (and honestly, by that time Aladdin was already breaking out so...)