That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

Aladdin should hit $300 million next weekend. It will probably hit $320 million before Lion King comes out. It's on its way to $330 million. I don't see $350 million but last week I didn't see $320 million. To think that this movie will end up at the original projections by optimists after all it went through pre-release is pretty astonishing.

And for TS4, it will end up what I had originally thought. Somewhere between $425-$445 million. The OW was never a problem now that I think about it. The projections were just horrendous. At least BOP admitted such.

46 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Y'all being messy as usual and turning every thread, every weekend for the worst. Y'all stay doing it every day, every time for everything. It's become a RITUAL.

Stream Ritual by Tiesto (FEAT. RITA ORA).

The hell is Rita Ora doing in here? Get her out of here 

21 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Time flies

I rewatched it a few months ago.  Compared to the later installments it was kind of refreshing to see how small scale it was

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I don't follow things like tracking and predictions that much but still :

Toy Story 4's numbers are surprising in the sense that we had a series of badly reviewed blockbusters that flopped, 3 of them almost in a row, which is rare.

Given these circumstances, one could have hoped audiences were starting to crave for a great summer film.

TS4 has stellar reviews and even with all I ve just said, it didn't managed to offset the tepid numbers of MIB Gurl!, AtheistZilla 2, Pets Story 2 & Dark Falcon.

Something s  fishy this year or I am over reacting maybe but those numbers don't add up.

A pattern and trend are starting to emerge IMO ...

You’re just overreacting. Godzilla, MIB, and Dark Phoenix are bad movies. And SLoP 2 failed to interest audiences enough like the first one did. Toy Story 4 is still on course to make more its OW than all those films have made in their domestic runs, and should have great legs anyways.

Besides, it’s not like all movies have been failures this summer. Look at Aladdin, John Wick, and Rocketman. But sure, it pales in comparison to last year. Up to this point last year, there was Deadpool 2, Solo(huge flop but still made 214M), Incredibles 2, and Jurassic World 2. But after that, the three biggest movies for the Summer were Antman and the Wasp, Mission Impossible Fallout, and Hotel Transylvania 3. This summer has FFH, The Lion King, and Hobbs and Shaw coming up. The pace will pick up.

2 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Truth is that no one can predict how these sequels will play out. There are many who feel that FFH will breeze passed 400M to 420 because it is marketed as a quasi sequel to Endgame. But who knows anymore? 420 range would be a massive increase of almost 100M from Homecoming. I think some people may be minimizing how great a run Captain Marvel had, because they view it as a given for FFH to increase due to the Endgame connection, as CM did. I have no clue how FFH will do. Absolutely none, but please do not over predict again and have a let down if it fails to open at 200 million over 6 days. This board is filled with those who massively over predict but then are disappointed when the movie fails to meet their lofty expectations.

Scale of FFH is twice as big. It's got a ton of huge surprises, Sam Jackson and Jake Gyllenhaal. If it hopes opens to 175+ I feel like 400 is very likely.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

please show some respect to the star of the highest grossing video game movie of all time.

Don't forget the star of one of the most controversial and successful R-rated movie of all time - Fifty shades of grey.

I am watching Spider-Verse for the first time and bah gawd this is fucking

AWFUL lmao. Holy shit people were brain washed into liking this garbage animation and characters or what? Fucking insane.

jk it is good.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I rewatched it a few months ago.  Compared to the later installments it was kind of refreshing to see how small scale it was

Everything has a beginning. I was surprised how that franchise shaped a whole generations in 00s and 10s and unfortunately in accidental manner is the in-direct cause of many young teenagers dying behind the wheel. They started an unfortunate trend. 

But nonetheless it was a timeless gigantic classic that has come to shape two decades of generations. I have personally seen alot of people copying Fast and furious cars and having illegal races just like they did in the movies. I am not taking anything away from the franchise it was a megahit without further argument

Edited by Geo1500