grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Again, a new Matrix movie has actually screened and the world barely notices.

I know, I know, there's no trailer yet, covid, etc but I feel like I'm alone at finding that really surreal.

To be fair, given ViewerAnon’s “naughty, naughty” response, it’s probably under some kind of NDA. Test screenings for big movies happen all the time way in advance and barely cause a ripple because people can’t (or shouldn’t) talk about it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Again, a new Matrix movie has actually screened and the world barely notices.

I know, I know, there's no trailer yet, covid, etc but I feel like I'm alone at finding that really surreal.

Avatar had zero advertisment until 3 months prior to release then become the biggest movie of all time. No need to panic

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

52 minutes ago, Chicago said:

Avatar had zero advertisment until 3 months prior to release then become the biggest movie of all time. No need to panic

Sorry, to be clear - I absolutely don't care how the movie performs. Its HBO Max status means there's a limited ceiling for its box office anyway. 

It's just that having come of age during the first movie's monumental zeitgeist and given it's remained fairly lodged in popular discourse since then I'm struck by the almost universal apathy. I'm not saying it's good or bad, just notable.

Edited by Hatebox

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Just like Spiral is the best Saw movie? I just don't trust this kind of reactions.

well, it says Best Matrix SEQUEL not best Matrix movie. depends on where you stand on sequels, it's a good thing or it's a low bar. 

I'm rooting for it cause I love the original, Keanu and characters. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

well, it says Best Matrix SEQUEL not best Matrix movie. depends on where you stand on sequels, it's a good thing or it's a low bar. 

I'm rooting for it cause I love the original, Keanu and characters. 

Never listen to a fanboys opinion who saw the movie first

31 minutes ago, JWR said:

I feel like the performance of In The Heights might convince WB to release Dune and Matrix 4 as theater exclusives.

There’s a big, big difference between In The Heights (which evidently had low interest on Max too) and something like Matrix 4. People seem to forget that Godzilla Vs Kong did just fine all things considered, it’s legs were impacted, but it’s still done relatively well in cinemas. Likewise, Conjuring 3 seems to be doing well despite the hybrid release. I think if anything is still going to do well doing the hybrid release, it’s franchise films.