grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

What makes you say that? 

December is already packed. WB knows they have a potential massive hit on their hands, they don't want it to get swallowed alive by the competition. Dune is already in a tight spot where it is, if WB has to put something in the Xmas spot, better to move Dune there so that it could perhaps benefit from holiday legs. 

52 minutes ago, DAJK said:

December is already packed. WB knows they have a potential massive hit on their hands, they don't want it to get swallowed alive by the competition. Dune is already in a tight spot where it is, if WB has to put something in the Xmas spot, better to move Dune there so that it could perhaps benefit from holiday legs. 

I think WB is banking on having this serve as counter-programming. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hatebox said:

I know covid has been a distraction and a trailer hasn't even dropped yet but I find the seeming lack of general interest in this odd. If you told me a few years ago this was being released I'd have thought curiosity would be through the roof. I guess superheroes really are the only game in town now.

I'm not sure the general audience knows this even exists. I'm sure interest will spike massively with the first teaser. The Matrix films still have some relevancy today.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm not sure the general audience knows this even exists. I'm sure interest will spike massively with the first teaser. The Matrix films still have some relevancy today.

Im sure they will once a trailer hits. My only concern is the Wachowski brothers haven't made a good film since Matrix 1

• Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Im sure they will once a trailer hits. My only concern is the Wachowski brothers haven't made a good film since Matrix 1

Will definitely be interesting to see if the bad Matrix sequels keep people away, or if they TFA it into the sequel people have wanted for a while.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Will definitely be interesting to see if the bad Matrix sequels keep people away, or if they TFA it into the sequel people have wanted for a while.

People were fine returning to Jurassic Park years after the disappointing 2nd and 3rd installment. So it's not completely impossible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I just realised they made Cloud Atlas. Can't say I thought it was a good movie but the scene involving a british Tom Hanks pushing someone off a roof was probably the funniest scene of the year.

I think its been long enough that any sour taste can easily be replaced with nostalgia and curiosity.

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

I just realised they made Cloud Atlas. Can't say I thought it was a good movie but the scene involving a british Tom Hanks pushing someone off a roof was probably the funniest scene of the year.

I think its been long enough that any sour taste can easily be replaced with nostalgia and curiosity.

People came back for Halloween after the Rob Zombie remakes. It's certainly possible as long as the movie is semi-decent.

For me, this is one where the reviews will probably make a lot of difference.  The first Matrix is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and one of the best theater-going experiences.  Everything else they've ever done has not been my cup of tea.  So...really unsure what to think about this one.

• Like 1

The Matrix was lightning in a bottle. Very few action sci fi movies have recaptured that magic since.

It's not likely this will be the grand slam The Matrix was but audiences will be curious about what the message will be this time around and if they'll be another mind blowing red pill moment.

Also being one of the most spoiler sensitive movies since Endgame will inflate opening weekend. 

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, grey ghost said:

The Matrix was lightning in a bottle. Very few action sci fi movies have recaptured that magic since.

It's not likely this will be the grand slam The Matrix was but audiences will be curious about what the message will be this time around and if they'll be another mind blowing red pill moment.

Also being one of the most spoiler sensitive movies since Endgame will inflate opening weekend. 

This. They're really hinging the movie's success on Keanu's newfound star power and the curiosity/nostalgia factor.

• Like 2