grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is probably where they're gonna announce the Matrix experience thing:

So I've been out of the gaming scene for a long time, so this is me being an Old Man here. What exactly is an "experience"? I know Unreal Engine 5 is like a video game development kit, but I don't get what "experience" means. Is it a video game? A VR tech demo? I'm confused.

5 minutes ago, Eric Madrigal said:

So I've been out of the gaming scene for a long time, so this is me being an Old Man here. What exactly is an "experience"? I know Unreal Engine 5 is like a video game development kit, but I don't get what "experience" means. Is it a video game? A VR tech demo? I'm confused.

It's most likely a tech demo. I'm guessing it's gonna be something like this but Matrix: 

Don't know if it's VR but hopefully not (would be pretty stupid too considering that very few people own VR headsets and would be able to play it).

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's most likely a tech demo. I'm guessing it's gonna be something like this but Matrix: 

Don't know if it's VR but hopefully not (would be pretty stupid too considering that very few people own VR headsets and would be able to play it).

From what I’ve heard, the leak mentioned PS5, so it’s unlikely to be VR. I doubt a PSVR would run Unreal Engine 5 particularly well either considering it’s primarily a PS4 peripheral.

Its likely just going to be a very short burst of gameplay set in the Matrix universe. There was a VR “experience” for Spider-Man Far From Home a few years back that lasted about 30 minutes, it’ll probably be something similar in terms of length.

Edited by SnokesLegs

2 hours ago, Eric Madrigal said:

Well why not just make a full-on Matrix game? They did it well before and I doubt the costs will be that high for a big property like this.

Maybe if we get a Matrix 5/6 they’ll do another tie in video game + Animatrix 2 or something. Real throwback to ‘03.

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

I saw the original film in IMAX yesterday and seriously if you get the chance, it’s worth it. The film hasn’t aged a day and looks and sounds incredible. When Rage Against the Machine kicks in at the end you can actually feel it pulsing through you.

Comes out on my birthday later this week, I got my tickets already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

what type of "announcements" could it be...?

Warner Bros. and Lana Wachowski have secretly developed a real Matrix technology to beam in Keanu and Carrie Anne Moss to select early screenings that week for "Live" Q&As.  😁