sfran43

Weekend Thread: Estimates - Mal2 36, Jokah 29.2, Zombi2 26.7, Addams 16, Gemini 8.5 | Parasite 1.2 (37.6K), Lighthouse 420K (52K), Jojo 350K (70K avg)

16 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

All right, all right, all right. Time to update a spreadsheet. 

girl smile GIF

Saw this immediately coming back to the thread from updating my spreadsheet :hahaha:

my very first initial guess number for Jojo was 430, why'd I have to listen to other people 😢

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Did you guys do the 3 year deal for $150?

It was such a steal.  

7 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

my very first initial guess number for Jojo was 430, why'd I have to listen to other people 😢

It's still early.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Maleficent 2 is doing far better than I expected it to.  Granted I haven't been following box office for a little bit but I was expecting like 25M.

Damn, that was very pessimistic. It's opening below tracking, so it's quite poor, but yeah, you were expecting Alice 2 floppage.

33 minutes ago, TMP said:

I'll get a free trial when any of the shows I'm interested in ends

Shows are weekly. No binging like netflix. For me it's so cheap it's worth it. What's sad is I think I'm more excited than my daughter is about it. But she will love being able to watch the old Disney films. 

So, depending on how Joker does at the end of its run, if it does surpass both Deadpools (which seems to be in the high chance here), the movie could end up being, Worldwide Wise:

-The "Venom" of 2019 (856M)

-The "Batman V Superman" of 2019 (873M)

-The "Wonder Woman" of 2019 (821M)

Unfortunately, it has an unlikely chance at becoming:

-The "Bohemian Rhapsody" of 2019 (903M)

-The "Aladdin" of 2019 (1.05B)

-The "Dark Knight" of 2019 (1.005B)

Unless Joker plans on getting a re-release during awards season, chances are 50/50, but most likely not happening.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Shows are weekly. No binging like netflix. For me it's so cheap it's worth it. What's sad is I think I'm more excited than my daughter is about it. But she will love being able to watch the old Disney films. 

idk, it just seems easier to wait till Mandalorian wraps in like December and watch all of it in one go, and just do that for any other event series I'm interested in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xftg123 said:

Unfortunately, it has an unlikely chance at becoming:

-The "Bohemian Rhapsody" of 2019 (903M)

If it's doing over 600M overseas, then it's already a done deal to gross more than Bohemian Rhapsody worldwide.

Edited by Firepower

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

If it's doing over 600M overseas, then it's already a done deal to gross more than Bohemian Rhapsody worldwide.

Makes sense.

I kind of sense a Halloween boost for the movie this year. The only movies that got a boost during that season were Halloween in 2018 and Jigsaw the year before, so chances are that it might end up happening to Joker this year.

Seeing  boomers directors flying like litle scared pigeons to eat the crumbs Netfix want to give them to finance their films has got to be one of the saddest and most pathetic spectacle in the movie making business in the last 40 years.

Do these people have any decency whatsoever ?

Seeing Martin Scorcese's interview in London performing fellatio to Netfix was embarrassing.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, The Futurist said:

Seing  boomers directors flying like litle scared pigeons to eat the crumbs Netfix want to give them to finance their films has got to be one of the saddest and most pathetic spectacle in the movie making business in the last 40 years.

Do these people have any decency whatosever ?

So you'd rather have no "The Irishman" than one funded by Netflix?

• Thanks 1

Jolie has basically done zilch since the first Maleficent 5 years ago, so I’m sure that’s boosting MoE at the box office. She was one of the few true box office draws around and I’d bet her finally being in something again is offsetting how much MoE likely would have tanked otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Jolie has basically done zilch since the first Maleficent 5 years ago, so I’m sure that’s boosting MoE at the box office. She was one of the few true box office draws around and I’d bet her finally being in something again is offsetting how much MoE likely would have tanked otherwise. 

Her next film could make a billie imo