Blankments

PSA: Box Office Mojo Redesign ... Numbers Saves The Day With Theater Counts

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I hate it so much, particularly on mobile.

DON'T FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN!

This is one of the most amusing (read: depressing) things. One of the supposed reasons for the redesign was to be more mobile friendly. Instead it’s much worse than before on mobile...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is one of the most amusing (read: depressing) things. One of the supposed reasons for the redesign was to be more mobile friendly. Instead it’s much worse than before on mobile...

That's IMDB, when you see their site and most of all their forums they just don't have the talent for that, it was bound to be a disaster.

After looking up stats a bit I don't like it. I was going through past years and the yearly is mixing films/dates and grosses in some cases which is distracting and confusing. One film I was researching wasn't even showing up on the yearly. I had to go the the-numbers to find the data. It's a shame some mentally ill person though a redesign was the perfect idea. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, narniadis said:

The lack of information in the yearly threads is horrible. Yearly winners arent correct anymore and in trying to see some data, its a headache so the drop in traffic is not surprising in the least. 

The yearly rankings is set to rank the movies by yearly gross, rather than year of release.. There's a drop down menu to change that to show the yearly rankings for movies released that year.

40 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

The yearly rankings is set to rank the movies by yearly gross, rather than year of release.. There's a drop down menu to change that to show the yearly rankings for movies released that year.

Yes, a stupid move that no one else uses 🤦‍♂️ I mean in what book other than lame statistics are we going to say that TFA didnt win 2015. 

Its just a further frustrating aspect of how the redo didnt actually think about how the data is used. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, narniadis said:

Yes, a stupid move that no one else uses 🤦‍♂️ I mean in what book other than lame statistics are we going to say that TFA didnt win 2015. 

Its just a further frustrating aspect of how the redo didnt actually think about how the data is used. 

I could not agree more. At least some of the data that I want to access is available, but the old website was infinitely better, and much more user friendly.

Man it really sucks to lose Boxofficemojo. The Numbers is a good numbers source but it's hard to use and missing some of the features of Mojo plus its just harder to compare / find info. I hope they are working on new stuff and site improvements.

Even just things like the Daily gross layout was really neat on Mojo and made it easy to compare movies. I don't care if its put behind a paywall, we aren't entitled to this info for free, but why did they decide to remove all its functionality? A real classic case of "Don't fix what ain't broken". Yes Mojo was quite archaic but it did its job very effectively.

I keep going to look up a film's gross and then realise I cant find what I want because the site's changed.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

...I don't care if its put behind a paywall, we aren't entitled to this info for free,....

Info like what studio made a movie or what actors starred in it shouldn't hide between a paywall, and yet, on BOM, if you want that info, they ask you to subsribe to imdb pro.

• Thanks 1