Blankments

PSA: Box Office Mojo Redesign ... Numbers Saves The Day With Theater Counts

9 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

That is quite strange. On the note of other Disney Animation related box office blunders on the site, Moana's Finland, Columbia, New Zealand and Japan are counted twice now due to those also being a re-release on top of them already counted in the original overseas total, so the gross ends up being $690,845,539, which is the actual gross plus the duplicated grosses from those four markets ($643,331,111 + $47,514,428)

Brutal. Just brutal. The Numbers it is.

I really do hate to keep whining but I feel like I'm going to need to vent in this thread for awhile:

Discovered another little annoying thing. For whatever reason I was browsing the all time Memorial Day weekend openers and I noticed the list includes non-openers as well (ie. Shrek the Third is included on the list at 18th, even though it didn't open on Memorial Day weekend, it opened the weekend before). It's minor I know, but also annoying. If someone is doing research they require accurate lists and data. The site is just so littered with mistakes and blatant inaccuracies that it's infuriating for me.

Must be what it feels like for experts in any field to glance over a Wikipedia page or something.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol their weekend numbers chart haven't even been updated to show the percentage drops from the previous week. Huge fucking mess. They revamped the site just to discard it.

i wouldn't mind if it was just ugly but yeah this chart is sloppy as well. no PTAs, they've still got last week's theater count for Parasite.

Edited by CoolioD1

One thing I learned from this whole case, is how much people (out of this forum) like to be informed about box office information in a detailed perspective,I always felt like I/we were the only ones.

Edited by Melosh
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Melosh said:

One thing I learned from this whole case, is how much people (out of this forum) like to be informed about box office information in a detailed perspective,I always felt like I/we were the only ones.

I feel like numbers in general is a common interest/hobby for people in a variety of different contexts, such as box office, stocks/business or sports stats.

• Like 4

Another screw up I noticed tonight is that total domestic grosses now include stupidity such as double bookings. They have added 6m+ to Spider man 02 due to the double billing with men in black 2 🤦‍♂️ talk about screwing up actual data if that is done across the entire spectrum it moves around placements on charts. 

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol their weekend numbers chart haven't even been updated to show the percentage drops from the previous week. Huge fucking mess. They revamped the site just to discard it.

you know whats even crazier.. that could be by design because i've noticed 1 film is actual in the list and it has the %.  I have a feeling they won't show % changes until the weekend # is an actual.... WTF ?

:ohmygod::gold::ouch:

11 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i wouldn't mind if it was just ugly but yeah this chart is sloppy as well. no PTAs, they've still got last week's theater count for Parasite.

see my post above... i think this sloppy mess is by design..... no PTA's and no % change until we have an actual.....   no idea why you would not include it.... ????? (i guess we find when all actuals hit but my people, my country for some reason has a PTA and % ........ 

LBR we all took this site for granted.

What a shame though.  I mean, I knew this was coming eventually...but, to have it sprung upon us so abruptly without warning is bad enough, without taking into account all the things that are wrong with it and all the data that is missing.

RIP

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JB33 said:

I really do hate to keep whining but I feel like I'm going to need to vent in this thread for awhile:

Discovered another little annoying thing. For whatever reason I was browsing the all time Memorial Day weekend openers and I noticed the list includes non-openers as well (ie. Shrek the Third is included on the list at 18th, even though it didn't open on Memorial Day weekend, it opened the weekend before). It's minor I know, but also annoying. If someone is doing research they require accurate lists and data. The site is just so littered with mistakes and blatant inaccuracies that it's infuriating for me.

Must be what it feels like for experts in any field to glance over a Wikipedia page or something.

Start using the-numbers, they have already said if you spot an inaccuracy you can report it and they’ll fix it

• Like 2