Blankments

PSA: Box Office Mojo Redesign ... Numbers Saves The Day With Theater Counts

5 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Guys, what makes you think it’s Mojo’s choice?

Pretty sure it's not, but they're the entity to write to as they'll probably actually  see the complaints and can forward them to those in charge at IMDB or Amazon (provided they have anything like a consumer feedback protocol in place).

Sending anything directly to Amazon is  just spitting in the wind.   Though I'm sure the letters above would greatly move Amazon and Bezos. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Panda said:

Dear Mr. Bezos,

Why you gotta do me like that?  Please bring back OG Box Office Mojo or I’m never using an Amazon website again!  That’ll put a dent in your profit!

Sincerely,

An Angry Panda

PS: Your face is shaped like a penis

We are all Jokers.

Let s start the Revolution.

Let s take our final stand against The Man.

Edited by The Futurist

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Campea just misinformed , can't check daily grosses of films once out of release, this is super lame

Can't you?  

*pulls up a random movie from 2010*

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl628000257/?ref_=bo_yld_table_59

What am I missing here?  It's not in calendar form which is hella lame.  But I can still see the daily grosses for that film in list form.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your complaint.  Apologies, if so.

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Can't you?  

*pulls up a random movie from 2010*

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl628000257/?ref_=bo_yld_table_59

What am I missing here?  It's not in calendar form which is hella lame.  But I can still see the daily grosses for that film in list form.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your complaint.  Apologies, if so.

you are right , but takes a few clicks instead of just searching for title

• Like 1

One of the worst, we can no longer see international weekend total, the international number for weekend gone. Because of that, we can't even track just how much a film did internationally as of last week or week before last week. Even if a film update their international gross, we can't be sure as of when the gross up to 

Sean Saulsbury:

“It finally happened. Eleven years after Brandon Gray and I sold Box Office Mojo to Amazon/IMDb in 2008, they finally released a complete revamp of the site, updating the design and backend so that it appears to be fully integrated with the IMDb database.

When I teamed with Brandon Gray and we formed Mojo as a company in 2002, I took on the task of putting all the box office data into a database (previously it had been updated in Microsoft’s Front Page, believe it or not). Much of the code base that was running up until the just-released IMDb Pro refresh was written between 2002 and 2008 (IMDb didn’t do many updates after the acquisition, other than remove features). That means some of that code was SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD, including an antiquated single-user back end system written in FileMaker Pro (version 5 or 6).

The site had become clunky, with missing features and abandoned content (such as screen counts on weekend charts). Anyone using the site regularly complained about a frequent message that the site was “being updated” and to “check back soon.”  We lived with it.”

https://www.seancast.com/movies/boxofficemojo-redesign-2019/

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Cookson said:

Suddenly The Numbers website getting lots more traffic. Hopefully they take advantage and add more data that’s useful.

This new BOM is terrible. Ew

Exactly... www.the-numbers.com Is an amazing website and if they can do a little bit of improvements and tweaks it will take box office Mojo’s place in no time. I have always visited both sites but now to me the-numbers.com will be the #1 box office website.

• Like 1

Okay I put this on the weekend prediction thread bit unless if I am not seeing it my favorite feature on the site since 2000 is gone (I first found the site in 98) that is the fact they had weekend data since 1982.

Mojo was also the last site I still went to frequently out of the sites I first went to in the late 90s (the first box office site I found was some site that went down a couple years later) 

I stopped going to the IMDB years ago.