sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Mal2 $19.4M | Joker $19.2M | Adam's Family 12M | Zombieland $11.8M | Countdown $8.9M | Black & Blue $8.4M

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Someone said, if you wanna make someone SRK fan, don't show his film, show his interviews.

On that note, watch it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81121023?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp

Charlie, I have a question regarding Joker internationally.

What other box office records will Joker break? Apart from the R-rated record, the only thing I can think of is that in a few weeks it'll break a 22-year-old record by becoming the highest R-rated film of all time in the United Kingdom, surpassing The Full Monty's 1997 record, the biggest film of the decade in Greece (not sure if that's a record?), and the highest domestic record in October which is held by Gravity.

1 hour ago, Bart Allen said:

Charlie, I have a question regarding Joker internationally.

What other box office records will Joker break? Apart from the R-rated record, the only thing I can think of is that in a few weeks it'll break a 22-year-old record by becoming the highest R-rated film of all time in the United Kingdom, surpassing The Full Monty's 1997 record, the biggest film of the decade in Greece (not sure if that's a record?), and the highest domestic record in October which is held by Gravity.

We don't have R rated films in the UK. There's a chance it'll be the biggest 15 rated film though. 

21 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

DC is well positioned to be among the Top 3 Franchises of the 2020s (others are MCU and Avatar IMO). 

Avatar might be a franchise for the future but I think it's likely to go the way of Terminator.  Cameron drops the sequel and it goes wild and then he fades from the franchise and others will try and fail at it. 

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

At AMC Mal 2 is down like 45% from last saturday. Joker is up just below 37% drop from last saturday. Good days for both of them.

3 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

At AMC Mal 2 is down like 45% from last saturday. Joker is up just below 37% drop from last saturday. Good days for both of them.

Jokah = 12.44 x 0.63= 7.23

mal2 = 14.21 x 0.55 = 7.82

7 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

That is sub 40% weekly drop. If it night shows show as much weakness as yesterday I dont see it go that high. That said it should win the day today despite Joker having a strong day as well.if joker is even slighly weaker than yesterday late night it should increase 50% at AMC which is extraordinary for that movie which has shown limited saturday bumps. Plus it increase much better this friday than any other friday. I will update in 3 hours or so.

So how Joker increased from friday to saturday after all? Week to week day drops could be misleading because of different increases.

Edited by Firepower

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Avatar might be a franchise for the future but I think it's likely to go the way of Terminator.  Cameron drops the sequel and it goes wild and then he fades from the franchise and others will try and fail at it. 

Except he's still making the other 3 sequels. If they do an Avatar 6 without Cameron then that would be in the 2030s.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except he's still making the other 3 sequels. If they do an Avatar 6 without Cameron then that would be in the 2030s.

I mean, 4 and 5 are not a done deal yet, are they? They are dependent on 2 and 3. If 2 drops to, say, 1.4 billion, that would still be a huge number by itself, but it might be worrying, in relation to the first one, and if the third drops even more than that, then maybe 4 and 5 are condensed into one, and visionary director Tim Miller can do that?

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Looks like Mal will edge out Jokah thanks to Saturday kiddie boost but Jokah will take over on weekdays.

On Sun Mal could be closer to 30% drop while Jokah closer to 35% so Sat needs to be very close for Joker to keep the Fri advantage intact over 2 days. No contest on weekdays. Coming weekend will be Mal's 3rd weekend, so will loose some (premium) screens too. Maybe Joker can go over it next weekend.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, a2k said:

On Sun Mal could be closer to 30% drop while Jokah closer to 35% so Sat needs to be very close for Joker to keep the Fri advantage intact over 2 days. No contest on weekdays. Coming weekend will be Mal's 3rd weekend, so will loose some (premium) screens too. Maybe Joker can go over it next weekend.

Yup! As always thanks for the great info. 

Next Friday will be fun to follow as films over recover from the 31st but then have normal Saturdays.... all the new posters / uninitiated will be wondering what the heck happened 🤣

• Thanks 1

Geo, Geo, Geo..... 😂 I knew exactly what you meant by your exclusion of SW from the Mal 2 / Frozen comparison. But again, you are allowing you lack of knowledge or your choice to bury your head keep you from seeing or acknowledging the reality. 

Same reasons that Godzilla 2 couldnt do your unrealistic expectations will be the same reason that Frozen 2 does not flop - you are not able to see reality when it comes to your preconceived notions and male centric opinions. 

Don't change, we need the ability to laugh now and then. 

:hahaha:

• Like 1