TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

18 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Honest question, what does the casting of Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn rank historically for comic book film casting? On paper, it such a slam dunk both commercially and critically, it is akin to Jack Nicholson as Joker back in 1989. JOKER 2 was always going to be big but Gaga as the iconic character just feels like a peak star power flex.  

I'd give an edge to Hancock. 

20 hours ago, excel1 said:

Honest question, what does the casting of Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn rank historically for comic book film casting? On paper, it such a slam dunk both commercially and critically, it is akin to Jack Nicholson as Joker back in 1989. JOKER 2 was always going to be big but Gaga as the iconic character just feels like a peak star power flex.  

Lady Gaga would not have been cast if this was not a musical.

19 hours ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Todd Phillips produced ASIB. I'm thinking she would've been cast/in consideration for Harley Quinn regardless of whether or not it was a musical.

I had forgotten that Phillipd poduced a Star Is Born. Proves he likes the Musical genre, and more then ever I get the feeling that some of the numbers in this film will be homages to famous numbers in the classic musicals.

Gaga and team better deliver with the original songs. Not this Hold My Hand milquetoast shit. Shallows level or bust. There is so much potential with the characters that the Margot Robbie films slept on (both exploration wise and musically). Grimes's annoying ass never shut up about being a huge Harley fan and when she finally got the opportunity to write for Suicide Squad, it was such a letdown (a precursor to the following years of her life I guess)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1