TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

A lot of viral tweets for this particular shot. This is slowly starting to become as zeitgeist-y as the first one I think. It will take time, but the WOM out of the gate is already looking pretty strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MightyDargon said:

Geez, you guys hate Joker more than you hate Mario! Who's the third in the Unholy Trinity for y'all?

Well, given the attitude of a certain lingering group of forum members the past 6+ years who can't get over anything.....

74676.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks fantastic and beautifully produced. The idea to shift the sequel into a musical is a potentially brilliant move - in a way that feels in keeping with the potential themes of the film (from my best intuition from the trailer) and that certainly distinguishes it from the first film.

It just feels like they've taken this in an interesting and compelling direction, antithetical to most superhero films that try to be relatively familiar and mundane.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TylerG said:

A lot of viral tweets for this particular shot. This is slowly starting to become as zeitgeist-y as the first one I think. It will take time, but the WOM out of the gate is already looking pretty strong.

wish people had chosen literally any other "shot" to go crazy about

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Approximate 24h views (from main/official channels + Lady Gaga channels):

YouTube: 11m

Twitter: 16.6m

Insta: 40m

FB and TikTok seem low for this, <5m for both on the main channels+Gaga but I might be missing something.

Edited by Menor the Destroyer

1 hour ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

FB and TikTok seem low for this, <5m for both on the main channels+Gaga but I might be missing something.

The trailer on Gaga's tiktok has 8 mil views. 6 mil on the movie tiktok page. 2 mil on... The Daily Mail. A few international WB channels have about 2 mil each.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Don’t know where you get that, but Twitter alone has over 40m views only from the big english channels I see: WB, DC, JokerMovie, Lady Gaga and Discussing Film. That’s not even accounting for smaller channels or foreign WB accounts. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, James said:

Don’t know where you get that, but Twitter alone has over 40m views only from the big english channels I see: WB, DC, JokerMovie, Lady Gaga and Discussing Film. That’s not even accounting for smaller channels or foreign WB accounts. 

There are no views from DC because that is a retweet, and I didn't count DiscussingFilm since I was counting from only official accounts.

11 hours ago, TylerG said:

I can see this being the next tiktok trend, #JokersSmile they will call it

• Haha 1

When I say Joker is bigger than Batman, I think Box Office wise right now he is.  No I do not think Joker is a bigger "Character" than Batman because he's a hero.  Of course Kids love the heroes more than the villains.   With that said.  "Batman 89" sold more tickets than "Returns, Forever and Batman and Robin" because Joker was there.   "The Dark knight" Sold more tickets than "Begins and Rises" because Joker was there.  "Suicide Squad" did much better than the sequel without Joker (Even though no  Will Smith was a factor along with Covid but If Leto came back it would have done better).   

Now Joker finally gets a stand alone and it breaks the R-Rated Record for first Billion Dollar Grosser by himself.    "The Batman" did pretty good all things considered as the first solo Batman movie since "Dark Knight Rises".  But it was not bigger than "Joker" was. Sure it came Post Pandemic but I do believe "Joker 2" will outgross it.  Also both "BVS" and "JL" failed to make "Joker" gross and both of those were PG13 were as Joker was R-rated.   Do I think Batman can get back to it's "Dark Knight" Billion Dollar Glory one day? Sure.  But right now, Joker has a better chance of getting back to a Billion.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

I can see this being the next tiktok trend, #JokersSmile they will call it

Seems like they're in fact trying to capitalize on the immediate virality. They just released a Tiktok filter based on this. Smart move from WB marketing.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, TylerG said:

Seems like they're in fact trying to capitalize on the immediate virality. They just released a Tiktok filter based on this. Smart move from WB marketing.

Wow. Marketing masterclass from WB tbh.