TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

Instead of ego-lifting his own DC universe, James Gunn should be working in a Batman-Joker movie with Robert Pattinson and Joaquin Phoenix.

That would break the Avengers record, trust me.

we should be honest with this. The basic people can like a movie about joker don't want to see joker and Harley Quinn dancing numbers and people singing for more than 2 times in 2 hourse of movie. 

There is this idea the first movie was liked by this elite audience when it's the same audience liking john wick and a Tarantino movie. 

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, Belakor said:

Instead of ego-lifting his own DC universe, James Gunn should be working in a Batman-Joker movie with Robert Pattinson and Joaquin Phoenix.

Making Phoenix the Reeves Joker would be a terrible idea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Belakor said:

Feel like combining the two hurts both of the visions the directors of the movies want to tell.

• Like 3

I'm sure the same people pouting and saying they won't watch this because it's a musical were the ones pouting and saying they weren't going to watch Barbie because it's too much pink.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Making Phoenix the Reeves Joker would be a terrible idea

yep.  Also Have people like forgotten they have a joker in that universe. Barry Koegan in Arkham at the end of the movie. I know these wishful people will say they can change their mind and say that was not the joker after all.

6 hours ago, Belakor said:

The Reevesverse already has its own Joker. 

Also, the first Joker movies takes place in 1981. Bruce’s age wouldn t line up at all. 

Edited by WittyUsername

2 hours ago, gojorager said:

I'm sure the same people pouting and saying they won't watch this because it's a musical were the ones pouting and saying they weren't going to watch Barbie because it's too much pink.

They don't seem to be promoting it as a musical per se so I'm not sure that'll be an issue.

8 hours ago, Belakor said:

It's pretty much impossible to do that in any way that'd make sense. They had their chance in 2018 to connect these things and missed it.

I don’t understand why people would have any desire to see Joaquin Phoenix fight any version of Batman. I thought the point of these movies is that they’re as far removed from the superhero genre as it gets. Why would anyone want this to devolve into yet another Batman story, especially when we’re already supposed to have both the Reeves movies and the upcoming DCU for that? 

Personally, I always felt that the worst part of the first Joker movie was them doing the death of the Waynes for the millionth time, especially since it made people think they’re building up to Batman. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t understand why people would have any desire to see Joaquin Phoenix fight any version of Batman.

Are you really asking why people would want to see the Joker against Batman? It's extremely self-explanatory.

14 minutes ago, 21C said:

Are you really asking why people would want to see the Joker against Batman? It's extremely self-explanatory.

If you’re gonna quote me, couldn’t you at least quote the entire paragraph? 

"THE BATMAN & THE JOKER"

LOL, I think Reeves world has a Joker already.  Though it has that dark tone, it's still has a different feel then the Scorsese style that Todd has done.  Reeves version was much more Fincher than Scorsese.   Look it's kind of like the "Venom" situation.  Is Venom doing great as an anti-hero spin off? Sure but people really want to see Venom V Spiderman.  If Spidey showed up in this next "Venom" movie it would explode.  If Batman showed up against Joaquin it would explode too.   But the timeline doesn't work.

Now that this Joker has blew up as a solo Film, I'm sure there are people that want to see him take on Batman.   But by establishing that Bruce Wayne is a child in this timeline (Early 80s), they can stay clear of Batman.   Now I would like a younger Commissioner Gordon and the Gotham PD to get more involved  Or see younger versions of other Batman Villains come into play kind of like that "Gotham" TV Show but I do not expect to see Batman in these Joker Films.  But I'm serious about "Venom", if Tom and Tom team up, it would do big numbers. 

Edited by filmscholar

The joker the reeves film already has looks absolutely awful and phoenix’s joker would pose zero threat to any Batman so it’s safe to say I’m in the ‘give joker as an arch nemesis a rest for a decade’ camp 

Edited by Hatebox

11 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

The joker the reeves film already has looks absolutely awful and phoenix’s joker would pose zero threat to any Batman so it’s safe to say I’m in the ‘give joker as an arch nemesis a rest for a decade’ camp 

Technically the Joker in the Reeves film has never been seen so idk if you're misremembering things.

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

They don't seem to be promoting it as a musical per se so I'm not sure that'll be an issue.

They are absolutely are.  Yes, there is the occasional comments from various members of the production team, but actions speak louder than words.

And that trailer blared to the high heavens that this is gonna be a musical.

(and before anyone feels like being pedantic, "musical" is a very diverse genre with many different types of musicals)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Technically the Joker in the Reeves film has never been seen so idk if you're misremembering things.

Hey, if reeves want to ignore that crappy deleted scene as canon I’ll be the first to say ‘phew’. Premature of him to release it in the first place to have his cake and eat it in that case, but hey-ho.  

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Derpity said:

I've seen way more comments worried about people turned off by musicals than I've seen any evidence that the musical elements is turning anyone off this movie.

Oh, I can give you a couple of examples of people who dislike the musical aspect  right in this thread..................