TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

I wonder if entertainment journalists and Blue checkmarks will jumpstart the "Joker is dangerous and will inspire shootings" meme again for the sequel. "First time was a false alarm but now it's REALLY gonna happen guys!"

i'm betting if they're adding harley quinn to the mix the buzz is gonna be that it glamorises abusive relationships and every man who watches it will beat their wife.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Heroic Hollywood’s report is false, I seriously have to ask; why do people want a sequel so badly? We’ve had rumors about a sequel for over two years now. 

The content mill has to keep on churning.

A sequel may happen, but production weekly and Heroic Hollywood aren't going to be the places to get that news, especially with claiming a 2023 shooting date.

It's like everyone wants to be the first to report on everything, which leads to some sites making up stuff and claiming they were right when that stuff happens 5 years later by pure chance.

16 minutes ago, cax16 said:

If Phoenix thinks a sequel can be made and be good then I’m fine with a sequel. 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

The content mill has to keep on churning.

A sequel may happen, but production weekly and Heroic Hollywood aren't going to be the places to get that news, especially with claiming a 2023 shooting date.

It's like everyone wants to be the first to report on everything, which leads to some sites making up stuff and claiming they were right when that stuff happens 5 years later by pure chance.

I guess 2023 is possible, if the Napoleon film is finished by that time.

But, yeah,  the sources for this are not reliable. I still think Variety and the LA Times are the two most reliable sources for film news. Of course they blow it on occasion, but compaed to the fan sites.....

Phoenix  might be tempted by the gigantic paycheck, plus a piece of the gross, he would get for this.  He would never have to do a paycheck film again.

23 hours ago, JonahVex said:

"Why do people of the most popular R Rated movie ever want a sequel?"

You will find your answer in the question itself

Popularity do not equal wanting a sequel (hard to judge popularity, but I doubt that title, The Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, etc...).

Titanic is arguably the most popular movie ever, I am not sure many want a sequel and for the same reason a sequel to the Joker seam strange.

The movie that challenge it is Gone With The wind, sequel came 55 year's later.

15 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Popularity do not equal wanting a sequel (hard to judge popularity, but I doubt that title, The Matrix, Saving Private Ryan, etc...).

Titanic is arguably the most popular movie ever, I am not sure many want a sequel and for the same reason a sequel to the Joker seam strange.

The movie that challenge it is Gone With The wind, sequel came 55 year's later.

Its the highest grossing R Rated film ever, there's nothing to doubt with its popularity

Secondly Joaquin back in 2019 said "there's endless ways to take this story"

He's a comic book character meaning there is hundreds of storylines for them to try to make a movie from

Also lets be real 90% of the people who are against it getting a sequel are the same ones who thought the first joker would cause school shootings and shit

30 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Its the highest grossing R Rated film ever, there's nothing to doubt with its popularity

That a complete different statement, there is no doubt it is a popular movie (did a billion dollar), the statement was I am not sure that it is the most popular R-rated movie of all time, i.e. I am not sure the Joker was a more popular movie than the Matrix was or Saving Private Ryan or Godfather and so on. Box office does not equal popularity since Television started (Shawshank Redemption and It's A Wonderful life are 2 of the most popular movie of all time and did not break anything at the box office) but unadjusted box office would just be a silly way to rank movie popularity over time.

30 minutes ago, JonahVex said:

Also lets be real 90% of the people who are against it getting a sequel are the same ones who thought the first joker would cause school shootings and shit

Considering the open ending it is a bit of a strange position, I get not wanting a sequel hurt your own and collective experience of the first entry (Matrix being maybe a really good example here), but for a franchise character with already so many entry made like you said about the Joker.... hard to be too attached to it.

That said movie with a very strong particular aesthetic and that work because of it like the Joker I feel tend to be better in little dose, the stronger the aesthetic the shorter you get "away" with, that why the short movie genre is the one that can push things the farther and the long run tv series the least.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1