sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Jumanji 2 $59.25M | Frozen 2 $19.07M | Knives Out $9.14M | Richard Jewell $4.68M | Black Christmas $4.24M

20 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, now people claim how lame Favreau’s TLK is now and always will be? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Like if we haven’t enough anti-TLK (2019) by now (which btw is already too much it can bear ever since it’s July release). 🙄

I’ve heard no one else being positive about it as of lately, and i have just recently seen the film on DVD in multiple viewings since i bought it...and been very positive to it.

Not saying that those who didn’t like it are always wrong, I kinda understand those whose passionately love the original. But come on! There’s no movie-law that says no one’s allowed to like Jon Favreau’s TLK. That’s just begging for hypocrisy. 🙎🏻‍♀️

I mean you craft the online experience you want, if you want to see positive things about The Lion King you got to look elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Very good prediction from you. But F2 will do very well during holidays just like it did during thanksgiving week. I dont see spies in disguise having a huge impact. is it going to be that big?

Oh doing well is guaranteed - just not quite as big as I had hoped :)

As for Spies, not sure at all - I tend to agree with ProBox and their 70m gross maybe playing out a bit like Ferdinand did a couple years back? Would be good for the overall box office if it did well and made 100m+ but then again *shrug* it will eventually be on Disney+ so who knows.

I love how well Jumanji did. I still think its marketing could have been significantly better but hitting $60m is basically above what almost anyone predicted (myself included). Two weeks ago, an opening around $35m wouldn't have surprised me especially with its disappointing debut in China. But this is great...and its internal multiplier is fantastic. It really won't do anything less than $250m IMO. It's one of those films I feel can really capitalise on the sellouts of TROS. If China had been on par with the first, I'd be predicting it to do near $800m. I think it'll hit $720m...which is a massive success for it. 

• Like 4

Sorry for the drama here, guys. 🙍🏻‍♀️

It’s just that everytime TLK (Jon Favreau’s TLK of course) or any movie for that matter even mentioned in the box office conversation...users who hate those kinds of movies always crap on and only mention how terrible the films are. Which i can understand why some think so, mind you. It’s just that....i have seen TLK for the first time on DVD for real, and i gave my thoughts about it and enjoyed it. I want a fair opinion, not one that owerpowers mine to the point that I’m fully wrong. 👩🏻‍💼

And i haven’t even had a single luck talking with someone who liked the film (along with me) lately sadly.

Maybe my anger issues (which i can control though) are probably why i have a rough time expressing a honest conversation about movies and such, with you guys. Since i might quickly snipe at those who negatively scolds me for expressing an own opinion.

Now, don’t look at me as some desperately overdramatic braud with attempt for attention, it’s just that i want to express my movie-seeing experiences with people online in a bright & positive way. 👩🏻‍💼

Hope you fellas understand what i mean.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Zozer said:

The Tracking thread panicked that this movie wasn't going to make its 40 million dollars a week ago.

Goes to show you that the thread isn't the be all end all of box office predictions

As a new poster you need to learn when silence is the better move ;)

The tracking thread had many conversations and those on the lowest end needed to be reminded by @keysersoze123 that it wasn't over yet and his expectations for walk-up sales worked. The thread never claims to be the end all - only those who want to misuse the data one way or the other.

That being said, even those of us on the upper end of expectations (myself included) weren't high enough. Data is a learning curve that we do not know the full story of until it happens and NOT having the tracking thread would make this place much more dull in general - makes me think you don't know whats its like to not have any kind of inside look - be it over or under sold.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It’s just that everytime TLK (Jon Favreau’s TLK of course) or any movie for that matter even mentioned in the box office conversation...users who hate those kinds of movies always crap on and only mention how terrible the films are. Which i can understand why some think so, mind you. It’s just that....i have seen TLK for the first time on DVD for real, and i gave my thoughts about it and enjoyed it. I want a fair opinion, not one that owerpowers mine to the point that I’m fully wrong. 👩🏻‍💼

And i haven’t even had a single luck talking with someone who liked the film (along with me) lately sadly.

Maybe my anger issues (which i can control though) are probably why i have a rough time expressing a honest conversation about movies and such, with you guys. Since i might quickly snipe at those who negatively scolds me for expressing an own opinion.

Now, don’t look at me as some desperately overdramatic braud with attempt for attention, it’s just that i want to express my movie-seeing experiences with people online in a bright & positive way. 👩🏻‍💼

Out of likes :) the dominate voices around here - particularly the anti-Disney group - have gotten very vocal with the big Disney domination this year.

I found TLK fine, my kiddos enjoyed it but I was glad we didn't pay ticket prices for it. Its ok to not be on the same side :)

15 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Advertising. Press. Reviews. Subplot. Trolls. Cast. Trailer. Rating. 

is my guess. Can’t be the twist, cause obviously people don’t know if they haven’t seen it lol. 

I read what the twist was and thought that was given away in the trailers, it’s how I thought it would go.

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Omg but imagine the level of a mind that likes 2019 TLK. 

Millions around the world and many here on this forum too liked and enjoyed the movie. Hell even I thought it was not bad. 

Please enlighten us, what is the level of my mind and those of others here?

If answer is not sufficient, rest assured consequences for trolling/baiting/insulting will follow. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I thought 2019 TLK was pretty good fun, many others did too. It gets shit online but it's not like its audience scores were even bad. People are free to dislike but I don't understand the urge to shit on people for liking it.

• Thanks 1