sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Jumanji 2 $59.25M | Frozen 2 $19.07M | Knives Out $9.14M | Richard Jewell $4.68M | Black Christmas $4.24M

Variety 16-18 Fri, so nothing new

Sony's year-end event pic Jumanji: The Next Level is off to a solid start at the weekend box office, where it's on course to earn $16 million to $18 million Friday for a projected debut of $45 million-plus, according to early matinee returns.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-jumanji-next-level-nabs-47m-thursday-previews-1262508

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

Under 50 is more likely than 60. I will stick with 50.

Yeah, it's looking like it. It may very well be almost as frontloaded as Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Still not counting $50M out though. We'll have to see if word of mouth carries it to a really strong Saturday.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Multiplier too low for Birds of Prey - it will get a huge Valentine's weekend bump in its 2nd weekend.  It's an ideal movie for that holiday...

I think BoP will be going for $200M+ DOM...DC has a lot of goodwill and momentum built up from its past outings...that tends to pay off - ask Marvel:)...

It's not really a super hero film though and it's IP is non existent versus Joker. The film won't get anywhere near the quality of reviews or audience rating of Joker. It doesn't look anything like Aquaman or WW either. I love Harley's character, everything else ......not so much.

11 minutes ago, a2k said:

So Gitesh was accurate with high 30s guess after 4.7 previews.

He was likely giving true Friday estimates. I'd be beyond shocked if 13-15 was the combined Friday estimate!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

I am still sleepy head but

13-13.5

4.25-4.5

So Jumanji is on the high-end of Variety/Deadline's estimates, and Frozen jumped about like 150% from yesterday. That seems good for both

@a2k nah Charlie usually posts True Friday numbers. Trust me.

• Like 5