Eric is Quiet

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Wow, that's not good....

hard to say  TLJ got an A and we have definitive proof that film was not as well received as a A cinemascore. 

(or else this would beating TLJ in the opening or matching it) 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

hard to say  TLJ got an A and we have definitive proof that film was not as well received as a A cinemascore. 

Yeah, that was meaningless for TLJ.  From all accounts I’ve seen (people I know, RT, various message boards) the consensus I’ve seen is that people are enjoying it and are satisfied with the conclusion.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah I'm pretty much taking my hands off the wheel in terms of trying to track how this is going to go and just letting it all unfold over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

So, PostTrack data doesn't match with CS at all. 4.5 stars in PostTrack usually give A or A- CS. It also has 76% definite recommendation. 

PostTrack and CinemaScore are different metrics. They don't always converge.

That being said, if a movie with a 4 1/2 stars gets a B+, then a movie with 1 1/2 has to get an F ( yeah, Cats )

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Cinemascore doesn’t mean much. Still I’m not seeing much evidence this os having amazing word of mouth. At best people find it decent or not a disaster. I expect it to hold ok next week then fade fast 

for a franchise film anything below A- is terrible , fans go out opening day

• Like 1