Eric Furiosa

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Of which they couldnt do anything with at that point? I mean the Carrie Fisher situation came at such a point that no legitimate changes could have been made besides scrapping the whole film and starting over. 

They could have easily manipulated THE LAST JEDI to make it seem as if Leia was already dying and then swapped her for the Holdo sacrifice. Easily. Then end with Luke surviving and rejoining the Resistance?

Virtually all fan complaints would have ended with that outcome & they could have still used Luke in RISE OF SKYWALKER editing 

Edited by excel1

3 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Oh I promise you they will care about the person that made The Last Jedi returning to SW.

This is the same reaction we had for people saying oh shut up you'll watch 9.

No one's even heard of Rian Johnson lmao. Episode 9 is a direct sequel so of course people will see a connection to TLJ. No one will realise that there is any sort of connection between TLJ and RJ's trilogy. There's a pretty big difference here.

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Disappointed at how bad Deadline did with TROS estimates this weekend. Despite the teasing will say they do well with early numbers very often but previews, early Friday and extrapolation - all's been poor with TROS.

31 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

"The evil  SW die hard fandom is just a vocal minority of die hard virgins in their basements it doesn't mean anything. People will go see a Star Wars movie just cause it's Star Wars."

...You sure about that chief?

Especially when Deadline were casting shade at various other media projections for the opening-weekend - quite ironic ~

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Questionable decision to kill Luke in Last Jedi + Star Wars brand saturation over last few years + No major OT Actor visible in marketing + poor reviews = WHAT WENT WRONG 

I agree, it was an incredibly questionable decision ~

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

They could have easily manipulated THE LAST JEDI to make it seem as if Leia was already dying and then swapped her for the Holdo sacrifice. Easily. Then end with Luke surviving and rejoining the Resistance?

Virtually all fan complaints would have ended with that outcome.

If Leia died, Luke would have lost his force connection with Leia, become more depressed, and wouldn't have gone to Crait.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thedast said:

Kinda OT but there's been some weird revisionist history with Thor since Ragnarok. I don't remembere Thor 1 being a dud at all, it was better received (see also: Loki) and made more noise/money than Captain America.

No you’re right. I mistakenly wrote both Thor movies when it was just the sequel. 

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

re-read what I said. It had a hook, but it wasn’t the biggest film of all time was it? It didn’t even make two thirds of what a 1997 romance made - and it was the final Star Wars! 
TROS if it had the hook that movie had I don’t doubt would have opened bigger. Plus like I keep saying, it’s the 5th Star Wars film in 4 years. Sith was the 1st in 3 years. 

Sith adjusted is $540 million. By the standards of the current conversation some of you are trying to spout - I mean what a failure!! The last Star Wars film only making $540 million!? Disaster. What happened to Star Wars?

There’s better discourse to be having about how this film is doing. I know it. Lots that are being shouted into a corner know it, but just can’t be bothered to engage. 

Carry on telling me ROTS was this juggernaut and TROS is a failure with that adjusted number. It doesn’t add up does it. 

Inflation adjusted the way BOM does it is not exactly the most accurate. ROTS peaked at #7 on the domestic chart TROS won't come even close to that. ROTS also had a huge increase from AOTC, OW was up 43% and final was 30% ahead.  And btw that Titanic dismissal is just ridiculous, Titanic was in admissions way bigger than any of the ST as well.

• Like 1