charlie Jatinder

NEW YEAR WEEKDAYS THREAD: New Year Day Final Trend P 26. Happy New Year.

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Who wants to take bets that this new guy has come from Reddit. Such stupid toxicity.

Yep, establishing hypotheses on data and noticing interesting patterns, so toxic!!! So stupid! OMG! 

And when did Reddit become toxic? I got banned from there a long time ago. So I only visit Reddit via google occasionally, I'm not up with what the kids are saying these days.

Edited by Warlock

8 hours ago, a2k said:

if TROS Wed does not increase from JediJat's 15 it would become an o/u 500 affair imo

390.6 + 15 Wed + 7.5 Thu + 30 FSS + 30*1.80x Rest = 497 (pushed to 500 of course)

Hobbit2 had added 1.86x this FSS to the cume.

31 minutes ago, MagnarTheGreat said:

Stamina update on the top 10 domestic movies >$200M (2015-2019):

Reveal hidden contents

Call it 492M, 90% point is 443M. Sunday cume with above path is 443M. TROS has a very real chance to come in at 17 days on Magnar’s stamina update and dethrone BvS.

• Like 1

Just catching up. So the President of Fandango fixed the RT score of Star Wars, because he used to work for Disney. Yet he didn’t fix the score for Cats when Fandango is majority owned by Comcast? 

Makes a kind of BOT sort of sense I guess 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Just catching up. So the President of Fandango fixed the RT score of Star Wars, because he used to work for Disney. Yet he didn’t fix the score for Cats when Fandango is majority owned by Comcast? 

I'd just like to make it clear, I haven't alleged that at all. I just said it was interesting. I'm certain if Disney wanted to fix scores for TROS, it has many ways of achieving that end. Bots, paid reviews hacking, and yes - inside manipulation such as getting rid of low scores etc. But I am not alleging they have done this, because I don't want to be sued. I do think someone is probably manipulating things, but I haven't said who or how. 

Taking the Devil's Advocate position, assuming the fix IS in, how do you know Cats hasn't been fixed. ;) I'm just joking of course.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I've been waiting for an explanation of this for a while.

14 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Call it 492M, 90% point is 443M. Sunday cume with above path is 443M. TROS has a very real chance to come in at 17 days on Magnar’s stamina update and dethrone BvS.

Say today is 15.5, then Thurs 8, Fri 9.75, Sat 12. Cume would be ~434 million, then if final was 482 or lower it would do it in even 16 days...

18 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Hobbit 2 on the January 3rd weekend made about double the New Year's Day gross. Similar result for Skywalker would mean a weekend of $31-32M. Mendelson projecting $47M...

we need a video of Mendelson watching the weekend numbers come in and add it to a 'watching people die inside' youtube collection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

we need a video of Mendelson watching the weekend numbers come in and add it to a 'watching people die inside' youtube collection.

I'd watch that. How can someone just almost always be wrong? It is pretty amazing.

Edited by Warlock
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

Thing is he dislikes the movie itself. But oddly serving as a propaganda agent for Disney. I don't think he'll be disappointed in the lower numbers, other than the shot to his ego for being wrong. 

The one thing I’ll give Scott is he’s at least backed off on that $620M total for TROS. Unlike Deadline who I’m sure will provide us with anecdotal evidence of a TROS watch party filled with popcorn fights and light saber battles in Naples Florida this weekend. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Thing is he dislikes the movie itself. But oddly serving as a propaganda agent for Disney. I don't think he'll be disappointed in the lower numbers, other than the shot to his ego for being wrong. 

He's got to pay his bills.

*Edit:  Just kidding... 😉

Edited by Warlock

1 minute ago, Nova said:

The one thing I’ll give Scott is he’s at least backed off on that $620M total for TROS. Unlike Deadline who I’m sure will provide us with anecdotal evidence of a TROS watch party filled with popcorn fights and light saber battles in Naples Florida this weekend. 

LOL, but he's still saying locked to finish above Lion King at $543M. From everything we've seen so far, it will be fortunate to reach $500M. 

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

LOL, but he's still saying locked to finish above Lion King at $543M. From everything we've seen so far, it will be fortunate to reach $500M. 

There is just no way that's going to happen, finishing above the Lion King I mean.

Edited by Warlock
  • Like 1