charlie Jatinder

NEW YEAR WEEKDAYS THREAD: New Year Day Final Trend P 26. Happy New Year.

12 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Thats correct but you didnt say that in your post. And if its not clear that you want to show a list of only first-release-adjusted runs, that can lead to confusion.

What is confusing in my statement that ,,It's safe to say that TROS wouldn't reach half of TFA.''?

1 hour ago, Jedi Jat said:

New Year Day Actuals

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker               16.79
Jumanji: The Next Level               10.77
Little Women                 5.17
Frozen 2                 4.95
Spies in Disguise                 4.30
Knives Out                 3.43
Uncut Gems                 3.05
Bombshell                 1.48
Cats                 1.24
Richard Jewell                 1.12

Not as high as Wolf of Wall Street’s New Years Day of 5.6m but happy LW cracked 5. That’s good, right?

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

If TROS is close to $450 million at the end of the weekend, I can’t see how it misses $500 million. 

In 2013 with same calendar Hobbit din't make 2x of 3-5 weekend. So far TROS had worse legs than Hobbit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Disney is going to get TROS to 500M if they have to. They'll AWIT the shit out of it. That said, it's likely crossing 500M but won't go much further. Maybe 510-520M tops?

Tue: 13.1M (TLJ: 27.7M)
Wed: 16.8M (TLJ: 21.8M)
Thu: 8.8M (-48%) (TLJ: 19.5M)

At this point TLJ is 48.5M ahead of TROS

TLJ 3rd weekend was 52.5M. Let's say TROS has a 32.3M weekend (which is optimistic, need very good Fri/Sat jumps). Monday will be 3M at best, while TLJ had NYD 14.3M.

TLJ at this point was at close to 540M and added 80M more.

TROS is 80M behind (460M) with considerably lower dailies. In this case 500 would probably not be a problem, but not much higher. If the weekend is worse than expected (28M or so) I think we can start worrying about 500M.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

New Year Day Actuals

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker               16.79
Jumanji: The Next Level               10.77
Little Women                 5.17
Frozen 2                 4.95
Spies in Disguise                 4.30
Knives Out                 3.43
Uncut Gems                 3.05
Bombshell                 1.48
Cats                 1.24
Richard Jewell                 1.12

Holds From Christmas

SW: -47.9%

J3:  -14.2%

LW:  - 19.6%

F2:   +19.37%

SiD:  -9.7%

KO:  -6%

UG: -48%

Bombshell: -27.2%
RJ:  -20.3%

Domestically, KO ($119m) has passed Mal 2 and Dumbo ($114m) - on it's way to $128-29m this w/e and then passing OUATIH ($140m), Shazam and Pikachu ($144m).  Has a shot at Pets 2 ($158m) and Dragon 3 ($160)- especially if it gets any significant  awards wins or Oscar noms.

• Like 4

As some already pointed, SW9 is headed to 510-520M. Best case scenario is Rogue One DOM. Not dread territory, neither a gross to be proud of. Anyways, some here act like if it's easy to reach 500M+. Adjusted is more or less the same as Episode 2 and 3.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, 1Robert1 said:

What is confusing in my statement that ,,It's safe to say that TROS wouldn't reach half of TFA.''?

I dont wanna make a fuss about this but the bold part wasnt the confusing part. It was you saying "all-time adjusted DOM chart", where you should have added that its first-runs only. Thats all :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

Tue: 13.1M (TLJ: 27.7M)
Wed: 16.8M (TLJ: 21.8M)
Thu: 8.8M (-48%) (TLJ: 19.5M)

At this point TLJ is 48.5M ahead of TROS

TLJ 3rd weekend was 52.5M. Let's say TROS has a 32.3M weekend (which is optimistic, need very good Fri/Sat jumps). Monday will be 3M at best, while TLJ had NYD 14.3M.

TLJ at this point was at close to 540M and added 80M more.

TROS is 80M behind (460M) with considerably lower dailies. In this case 500 would probably not be a problem, but not much higher. If the weekend is worse than expected (28M or so) I think we can start worrying about 500M.

Puerto_Rico_map.jpg

to the rescue!

:sparta:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1