The Gentlemen                 1.85
Gretel And Hansel                 1.65
Knives Out                 1.13
Little Women                 1.12
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker                 1.10
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Nerfy said:

Yeah. People still can't get over their wrong Captain Marvel predictions, so this is the current excuse. At least its a step up from "Disney bought the  tickets" :redcapes:

CM's prediction is pretty on point. Audience also like the movie a lot. It has an A on CS and 8.7 on Maoyan so both US and Chinese audience quite like the movie.

Edited by anshijiang

These late legs on Jumanji are really impressive. Those are gonna come out in December for however many they decide to keep doing. I was surprised it was playing in one of the bigger theaters at my theater when I saw BoP last night.

• Like 1

As usual people in this forum are giving too much credit to political stuff when action/comic book movies fail or succeed. 99% of the audience doesn’t even care about such stuff, the movies succeed or fail on their own. GB2016 didn’t fail because it had women, it failed because it was horrible. BP didn’t do over 600 million overseas because it had an almost all black cast, it did because people liked it. The new Star Wars films has young actors (male, female, black, white) that were devoid of any kind of charisma. The new Terminator also suffered from this, the young actresses were awful and the presence of Linda Hamilton only made this more apparent , since an old Linda Hamilton looked about a million times more charismatic than the young actresses in there. The Rock, Will Smith e.t.c are the biggest stars right now. Joaquin Phoenix carried a drama to over a billion dollars. When people are using political excuses to explain why shit like the new Charlie’s angels movie failed (another film with the blandest possible stars unlike the older films which, while being awful too, at least had charismatic female leads) you know that these arguements hold no weight whatsoever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Dolittle is having strong legs. Family audience are actually liking the movie. If not horrible marketing, the movie could have opened strong with good legs. 

Either way not the biggest disaster of 2020, with ancillary market it could actually cover up the loss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

noticing that ever since 2017 DC have been having a coin flip on and off success with their movies at the box office.

Wonder Woman breaks out>JL bombs> Aquaman is a huge hit>Shazam underperforms>Joker makes a billion> BoP underperforms (or maybe flops). 

so if this pattern continues, WW84 will breakout to a billion :stirthepot:

And The Batman...

sad batman GIF

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

As usual people in this forum are giving too much credit to political stuff when action/comic book movies fail or succeed. 99% of the audience doesn’t even care about such stuff, the movies succeed or fail on their own. GB2016 didn’t fail because it had women, it failed because it was horrible. BP didn’t do over 600 million overseas because it had an almost all black cast, it did because people liked it. The new Star Wars films has young actors (male, female, black, white) that were devoid of any kind of charisma. The new Terminator also suffered from this, the young actresses were awful and the presence of Linda Hamilton only made this more apparent , since an old Linda Hamilton looked about a million times more charismatic than the young actresses in there. The Rock, Will Smith e.t.c are the biggest stars right now. Joaquin Phoenix carried a drama to over a billion dollars. When people are using political excuses to explain why shit like the new Charlie’s angels movie failed (another film with the blandest possible stars unlike the older films which, while being awful too, at least had charismatic female leads) you know that these arguements hold no weight whatsoever.

I don't mean to "go there" but I really liked Ghostbusters 2016. I'm saying this from a movie standpoint, not "it was hated because political motivations X, Y, and Z". I just thought it was really funny. Was the first time I saw Hemsworth being truly funny too. 

• Like 3

People say “Ghostbusters didn’t fail because it had women, it was because it was horrible.” 

But it really wasn’t, it’s certified fresh and audiences (who actually seen the film) liked it too. 

It’s still the best film I’ve ever seen Chris Hemsworth in lol. (My opinion) 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

I would say it's more about the gender politics in the film. Not a single male in this film is portrayed in a positive light whatsoever. Every single male in the film is either portrayed as entitled, conniving, incompetent, very violent, not smart, a rapist, or all of the above. 

Hmmm, I tend to use the Braveheart test for this kind of claim. 

You can say far worse about every English character in Braveheart. While battle scenes are of hilarious slaughter of English characters while brave noble savage Scots, who aren't even wearing armour, dont get so much as a scratch. And Mel Gibson gets to bang the (really 4 year old) French princess just because he was going to marrh the English prince.  And this is in an alleged historical drame, not a fantasy film.

And not only did nobody care about this. It won Best Picture and gazillions of dollars.

Amd thats ok. Its basically just a means of fun catharsis. I don't think anyone who enjoys that film truly hates English people. And for the most part we just strapped on ojr big boy pants.

But yeah, if any film is treating a group - especially a non-majority, non-societally oppressed group - less two dimensionally than the English in Braveheart I think theres something disingenuous or thin-skinned about that criticism. I get that some men may be upset about the portrayal, but really struggle not to think they should just strap some big boy pants on and enjoy the ride.

Also:  how many nice characters are there in the film anyway? I mean, even 2 of the 5 BoP are horrible people. Though maybe thats part or the problem.

Also, the restaurant owner seemed to be portrayed as nicer than anyone else pretty much. He was a man. And your egg sandwich chap - he was the sweetest person in the movie.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

People say “Ghostbusters didn’t fail because it had women, it was because it was horrible.” 

But it really wasn’t, it’s certified fresh and audiences (who actually seen the film) liked it too. 

It’s still the best film I’ve ever seen Chris Hemsworth in lol. (My opinion) 

I mean, it did fine domestically. ~45M opening, 120+ domestic (way better than something like MIB International). But where it failed was overseas, which gives me pause for Afterlife this summer. 

16 hours ago, AndyK said:

Story by Zach Snyder, screenplay by Alan Heinberg. It's right there in the credits.

I'm not a ZS fan but it's bloody obvious he came up with the story, the photograph scene is right there in BvS before they even filmed WW.

Yes, the credits say it's written by Alan Heinberg, not by Snyder. The photograph is not even part of the main plot. I don't see why Patty Jenkins would lie about Snyder's input.

4 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

I would say it's more about the gender politics in the film. Not a single male in this film is portrayed in a positive light whatsoever. Every single male in the film is either portrayed as entitled, conniving, incompetent, very violent, not smart, a rapist, or all of the above.

Let's conveniently forget the man who saved an innocent

Spoiler

child

and trained

Spoiler

her

with his other male friends.

Edited by telcontar
  • Like 1

Just like to put it out there for anyone that remembers the incident, but I realized tonight that I’m a (sort of not really) grown man who still gets a good laugh out of Dick Poop at 3AM.

Edited by DAJK

83% Verified RT score after 3,850+ ratings. Not good at all. Verified RT has been inflated compared to unverified score as it is for almost all movies. Like with gauging quality on the Maoyan scale movies shouldn't really fall below mid-80%s.

• Like 1