TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I expect a good drop. It's still valentine's/president's day weekend either way. I doubt it's having a drop above 50%. You can't say "the movie will have really bad WoM" just because 50 people didn't have any reaction to the movie.

I also doubt OS legs will be worse than Shazam which had worse WoM OS and Endgame towards the end of its run.

I'm torn on the drop.  Since the Atom 5 for $35 deal sold out, it had to have pumped a little BO this weekend...and next weekend, TMobile's Sonic $4 deal kicks in, so full price BoP vs $4 Sonic - well, that's probably not gonna be a contest.

But, it does have Valentine's Day weekend and the holiday...but then, hearing about some scenes against Harley, I'm not sure it's gonna draw as well as I thought from, really, anyone.  And the verified score on RT is "not great, bob", to kick in a leg for a supers movie.

This is a long way of saying this movie could drop 10% or 60% next weekend...and I wouldn't be surprised either way...

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, telcontar said:

Yes, the credits say it's written by Alan Heinberg, not by Snyder. The photograph is not even part of the main plot. I don't see why Patty Jenkins would lie about Snyder's input.

Let's conveniently forget the man who saved an innocent

Reveal hidden contents

and trained

Reveal hidden contents

with his other male friends.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0451279/

19 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

but then, hearing about some scenes against Harley, I'm not sure it's gonna draw as well as I thought from, really, anyone. 

If you're talking about dark/uncomfortable scenes, there are only two and neither of them involve Harley really. Not enough to turn people away from watching it imo but I'm clearly biased.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

Birds of Prey at least had a good overall weekend multiplier but the opening is pretty disappointing regardless. Guess it just goes to show you can't always predict what will connect and what won't. We'll see what the drop looks like over the long holiday frame but it's likely gonna need to be dragged past $100M ala Passengers if it gets close enough.

On the other hand, strong holds all around thanks to BOP not being as strong as expected (except for The Rhythm Section which is looking to post a beautiful theater drop next weekend @CJohn). 1917 could be on track for $175M+ if it wins the big prize tonight.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

If you're talking about dark/uncomfortable scenes, there are only two and neither of them involve Harley really. Not enough to turn people away from watching it imo but I'm clearly biased.

I honestly wish it went a bit darker and more uncomfortable. People were saying it was going to have some intense violence, but even the most violent moments felt weirdly tame. Maybe I just expected too much, maybe I'm too desensitized, I dunno

22 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

saw birds of prey. thought the trailers were annoying so i thought i was gonna be sitting there the whole time with a :gold:face but it's pretty enjoyable. the action was a lot better than i expected.

Thanks to the director of John Wick and John Wick 2 who reshot all the action scenes.

• Like 1