charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

Halfway through Mission Impossible Fallout...gonna finish it today, but I hope the finish is better than the start.  Feels weirdly disjointed for an MI movie...not sure it's gonna make my top 3 MI list, but maybe it has a really awesome 3rd act.  I mean, it's had some cool individual scenes thus far, but a lot of "piecing together the plot from silence and music" and "chew the scenery with Cruise and Cavill" isn't really my bag right now...but I'm gonna finish and decide...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Apparently it’s on Netflix here. 

Reviews have not been kind. That's great for me though, there's way too much TV and free time so I'll take any excuse to NOT watch a show at this point.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, the film is one of the best films made in its genre recently.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:23 PM, Joel M said:

Watched it again last night and the final scene when they set up the sequel hurts me everytime.

Honestly , I would much rather this film’s sequel than another Bond movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is it Gotti?

No, Hardy's not outwardly terrible like Travolta was. There's intent in what he's doing, you're either gonna be on the same wave-length or you're not - not like Travolta's dog-shit, SNL performance. Capone is just an aimless movie; it feels like what a middle-brow film-maker thinks high-brow art is like, and doesn't even employ a narrative structure - instead relying on some "stream of consciousness" kind of shit. It doesn't work since we don't know anything more about Capone by the time the film's over, just feels like it's being weird for the sake of it as opposed to being for any meaning or purpose.

• Like 1

Finished season 1 of Harley Quinn.  At first it seemed like it was trying too hard to be edgy.  But once the story kicked in it was a lot fun

Forgot to mention I also finished Season 5 of Bosch.  Nothing fancy just a good solid cop show

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Who else randomly starts wondering why people are standing so close together on tv shows/movies?

Not yet while watching fiction (maybe because what I have seen lately tended to clearly be set in the past rewatching the Soprano-Wire and now getting into Buffy), but recent pre March real world footage yes.

Watched the first episode of I Know This Much Is True. Grim stuff (seriously, don't watch this if you're already depressed from everything that's been happening) but it's very intriguing and Ruffalo is pulling off the most impressive twin act since Armie Hammer in The Social Network. Looking forward to the rest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAR said:

Finished season 1 of Harley Quinn.  At first it seemed like it was trying too hard to be edgy.  But once the story kicked in it was a lot fun

Agreed. Really fun show. Gotta start season 2 sometime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Runaway Train is on Amazon Prime! Such a great movie. Y’all, go watch it now.

Jon Voigt — got nominated for an Oscar for it

Eric Roberts — got nominated for an Oscar for it

Story by Kurosawa. 

BOOM. 

It rules very hard

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DAR said:

Forgot to mention I also finished Season 5 of Bosch.  Nothing fancy just a good solid cop show

The show has too much forced "adult" swearing. They've toned it down in this season.

So, my spouse finally started Stranger Things Season 2 with me...we'll be done sometime by Christmas at his pace, but I gotta say, episode 1 was slow...maybe that's why Season 2 has 9 episodes when the other 2 seasons have 8.  I mean, not bad, but not much season world building yet...

11 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Runaway Train is on Amazon Prime! Such a great movie. Y’all, go watch it now.

Jon Voigt — got nominated for an Oscar for it

Eric Roberts — got nominated for an Oscar for it

Story by Kurosawa. 

BOOM. 

Incredible film. Thanks for reminding me it's on Amazon Prime now. I'm gonna rewatch it soon.

• Like 2