Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

2 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Yeah, their 2021 slate was frankly pretty bad from a marketability standpoint aside from Godzilla vs Kong. With their big day and date move, that slate could at least be used to boost their streaming service. Certainly better than quietly bombing in theaters.

The suicide squad would have been a massive hit if North for HBO max

22 minutes ago, cax16 said:

isn’t this confirming it? I’m not saying that in a sarcastic tone lol, just curious cause I just saw this on Twitter. 

nornally the BBfc update their site with rating info, but there’s nothing yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

It's not confirmed yet. Only the trailer has been rated.

The trailer features…. scenes from the film. Why would the trailer be a 15 but the film a 12A? Unless you’re implying they’ll have to make cuts? 

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Yep. Couldn’t find the BBFC rating for the film online anywhere.

Cineworld confirmed it. Same happened with Scream a few weeks ago. Plus, why would the trailer be a 15 if the film is a 12A? 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Krissykins said:

The trailer features…. scenes from the film. Why would the trailer be a 15 but the film a 12A? Unless you’re implying they’ll have to make cuts? 

Cineworld confirmed it. Same happened with Scream a few weeks ago. Plus, why would the trailer be a 15 if the film is a 12A? 

You can cut a trailer to be more intense than the scenes in the movie actually are

5 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You can cut a trailer to be more intense than the scenes in the movie actually are

My favorite example of this.

This Transformers 2 trailer makes it look like a serious horror adjacent movie, the actual movie we got was, well, Transformers 2

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My favorite example of this.

This Transformers 2 trailer makes it look like a serious horror adjacent movie, the actual movie we got was, well, Transformers 2

The teasers for the first 3 transformers films were all of this tone. Hell, TRANSFORMERS 1, which had an all-time great trailer/tv spot campaign, was sold a serious sci-fi until the final trailer, which had jokes and rousing music, etc. 

5 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder if the infamous Aurora theater is going to be showing this movie. They rejected Joker out of respect for the victims.

I was out that way a few years and was shocked to see that place was still open and very busy. I would have such an odd feeling being there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Didn’t Suicide Squad (the first one) and Venom receive the 15 rating in the U.K.?

Yep, and all did well, especially SS. Hell, even The Suicide Squad did decently here in the UK last summer. The 15 rating isn’t the death knell that some think it is for films like this. 

The 15 here seems right though considering the MPAA content info, 20 years ago something with that write up would have been an instant R.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder if the infamous Aurora theater is going to be showing this movie. They rejected Joker out of respect for the victims.

Nothing indicates they passed on showing Batman v Superman or other DC titles so I don't see why they would pass on this. Joker didn't play there because it was a grimy R-rated drama and highly controversial pre-release.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Nothing indicates they passed on showing Batman v Superman or other DC titles so I don't see why they would pass on this. Joker didn't play there because it was a grimy R-rated drama and highly controversial pre-release.

Film Twitter being convinced that the movie would cause real world violence is one of the strangest panics ever.

• Like 1