Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I actually think it's a pretty decent scene but agree with everyone that it was right to cut it. 

It's too visually similar to the later Batman prison scene and it really spells out the Riddler/Batman connection for the mums in the back row who aren't getting it. 

Not entirely sold on Kheogan's performance, especially the laugh. It's actually quite a creepy look when it's blurred through the glass but when you see it at the end it comes off as too grotesque. I think he's a fantastic actor so let's see if they can fine-tune it. 

Edited by FilmFincher

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Anyone else kind of tired of the Joker no matter how great the performance may be?

Yes. Weve had enough of him.

Bring back Poison Ivy! I want to see her creating giant evil plants that make Gotham a bit more green and less depressing.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Yes. Weve had enough of him.

Bring back Poison Ivy! I want to see her creating giant evil plants that make Gotham a bit more green and less depressing.

Yeah, bring in poison Ivy. And Harley Quinn. And bring back catwoman

Spoiler

And then cut Batman 😛 

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Matt Reeves already claimed that he doesn’t plan on making the Joker the villain of future movies, so we’ll have to see if he means it. He said he wants to go with Mr. Freeze for the next one. 

JX0D.gif

ice-age-mr-freeze.gif

arnoldschwarzenegger-batman.gif

Im down for that.

Main problem with this Joker is that the design is a bit "try hard" and the performance is very Ledger-esque. 

If we do have to have the Joker again, it would be nice to move away from the grimy, gritty look we've been getting since Ledger and instead go back to the more classic elegantly suited and coiffed version.

Also, and this is just a personal thing, why do we keep getting serious actors cast as the Joker and not a comedian. That might be a nice change. 

So yes, I am saying my ideal Joker would be Paul F. Tompkins. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst
  • Like 1

Well that was boring. I feel like between this and the awful tease they kept in the film something's gone badly wrong and any interest I had in Reeves' take on the character is now in minus numbers. Just keep the character out altogether. Which of course they won't.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Tarintino said:

If it costs 350m to produce and advertise then she is right going by the general rule

The general rule is 2-2.5* production budget

185-200*2.5

The 350m number includes the marketing budget.

250-350m PDT + MKT budget is pretty standard for major tentpole blockbusters.

Grace Randolph's take on breakeven is shit and not properly informed.

Her movie maths on batman have been shit .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1