Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

3 hours ago, HAL 9000 said:

....I cant really explain Green Lantern though :mellow:

No one can.  And the idea that fans think Warner Bros. is going to touch that character with a ten-foot motion capture pole anytime before the third act of Justice League 2 (if that film even happens) is hilarious.  They sunk $300 mil down the toilet -- they're pretty wary of wading into those green, sludgy CG waters again. 

...And now, they clearly have much bigger problems to worry about.

Edited by Macleod

17 hours ago, grim22 said:

Just judging by the number of movies on which he is mentioned, I am guessing Smith is a script doctor at WB who has a pass at most scripts on the lot. There are worse ways to make a living I guess, was reading about someone else recently who had a big hit in the mid-2000s and since then has just been a ghost writer or last minute script doctor on movies and hasn't had a produced credit in the interim.

Joss Whedon was a script doctor on alot of hits in the 90s. Never saw a credit for any of them.

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

No one can.  And the idea that fans think Warner Bros. is going to touch that character with a ten-foot motion capture pole anytime before the third act of Justice League 2 (if that film even happens) is hilarious.  They sunk $300 mil down the toilet -- they're pretty wary of wading into those green, sludgy CG waters again. 

Agree with you. GL is so tough to bring on screen. The visualizations are very complex and there is an over-abundance of green color which comics can pull off but looks bad on screen.

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Agree with you. GL is so tough to bring on screen. The visualizations are very complex and there is an over-abundance of green color which comics can pull off but looks bad on screen.

GL isn't that necessarily THAT hard to bring to the screen. It's just that nobody at WB seems really interested at this point, and for obvious reasons, sadly. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

I actually liked BvS quite a bit... :anyone:

It obviously didn't work too well for the GA and Warner though. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic about the fact that they've kept Snyder for JL. Let's hope the GA likes that one better.

Very optimistic for SS and WW's receptions.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

So, what are people's opinions on the whole #KeepIrisBlack thing?

Cool with it, especially as it presents an opportunity to cast the lovely Nathalie Emmanuel (she + Ezra would be cuteness overload).

2 minutes ago, bapi said:

Millennials... TEARS IN MY EYES. 

Tears of pride, Ikr? :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Cool with it, especially as it presents an opportunity to cast the lovely Nathalie Emmanuel (she + Ezra would be cuteness overload).

Tears of pride, Ikr? :)

People in my country absolutely hate this hyper-correctness so for me it's fun to watch these screams on the internet. :)

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:32 PM, John Marston said:

this movie honestly should be shelved for now. Especially since the well received TV show is on the air. 

This. Just from a sheer business viewpoint, it's hard to get people to pay for something they can see for free on TV. I

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:09 AM, Macleod said:

Like having two live action Flashes competing with each other...and one you can see at home for free.

IMHO trying to sell a live action movie Flash while a live action TV Flash is on is just as questionable as trying to reboot GL.

For that matter, Marvel seems to have done a successful reboot with Spidey after just two years after the previous Spidey....

• Like 1

I wish they would just connect the worlds. If they're doing the Multiverse, they should have no problem connecting the TV/Film universe. I think having a Grant Gustin cameo would put a TON of goodwill back towards DC.