Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Man i really don't understand the point of this movie when The Flash on CW is so awesome. 

It's only watched by 3M people (and decreasing) weekly with a 1.2-1.3 average demo. That is basically 30M worth of box office, the movie has potential to gross more than double of that on OW itself. The CW is not exactly the network watched by too many people above 25 in the US (it is pretty much the YA network), the movie almost certainly casts a much wider net in terms of the audience.

• Like 5

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nah, The Flash has been shit this season, I'm ready for the movie.

I don't mind this season, but it is pretty evident that they are stretching a 10-12 episode story into a 24 episode season. The network TV model does force them to do that, but it is hurting the show along with the long breaks they have taken right when they were building momentum.

• Like 2

Flash has been decreasing in quality all season, all the characters are portrayed as morons in order to justify the season not being over yet.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Ezra can bring to the film and am interested to see how they incorporate new versions of some of these characters.

If they are using Eobard Thawne in a 'similar' fashion as the show (which the casting sheet somewhat implies ... if it's true) the person will have to deliver, because Thawne/Wells was incredibly played by Tom Cavanaugh.  However, hopefully a movie avoids some of the 'CW' qualities that hold back the show at various occasions.

Edited by AdamKendall
  • Like 1

The Reddit user that said J.K Simmons and Willem Dafoe were up for roles said that Imogen Potts was up for the Iris West role.

If they go with Eobard, they'll really need to find some way to differentiate from the show. Also if they use Captain Cold and Jay Garrick, does this mean they are off the Tv show like Deathstroke, Amanda Waller and Black Canary? Personally I would have loved to see Mirror Master as the first villain as he would have presented a good challenge to the Flash. 

I also don't like Captain Cold's description considering he hates speedsters.

Edited by Heat Vision

4 hours ago, Goffe said:

oh no James, you ignored all of our advices about good tv shows

I take them one at a time. And considering I almost finished the first season of Arrow in less than a day I'd say I'd get to other shows pretty fast. Arrow is so insanely good! 

• Like 1

So I just watched the Flash-Supergirl crossover. Oh my God, the horrible acting and the clear lack of a budget shines through the whole episode. The setpieces may as well have been stop motion for how much they lacked in scope, and the villains are literally defeated by water. 

As much as the TV shows might have advanced, they still need a long time to catch up to the cinematic qualities only movies can provide.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So I just watched the Flash-Supergirl crossover. Oh my God, the horrible acting and the clear lack of a budget shines through the whole episode. The setpieces may as well have been stop motion for how much they lacked in scope, and the villains are literally defeated by water. 

As much as the TV shows might have advanced, they still need a long time to catch up to the cinematic qualities only movies can provide.

I have enjoyed every Supergirl episode, even the ones that many people derided, but boy, did that crossover suck!

The villains (Livewire and Silver Banshee) were dressed like cosplayers with a 5-dollar budget, and the fight choreography and overall art direction was awful.

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I have enjoyed every Supergirl episode, even the ones that many people derided, but boy, did that crossover suck!

The villains (Livewire and Silver Banshee) were dressed like cosplayers with a 5-dollar budget, and the fight choreography and overall art direction was awful.

Agreed. What was with the fight choreography in that episode? It's like they spent the entire budget in getting Gustin and didn't have anything left for literally anything else.