Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Just now, filmlover said:

So not the Greatest Comic Book Movie Ever (as the overhype would lead to believe) but still a rather decent movie? Sounds good to me!

I saw the movie in one of the fan screening. It definitely isn't one of the best of all time but the movie still pretty good, I would say on par with GOTG3.

6 hours ago, Eric 2099 said:

Moderation

Had to give...four users warning points? So I'm gonna make things brief.

This whole "critics don't get it" crap is not going to happen here anymore. The anti-critic circlejerks that happen every time they say mean things about a dumb kids movie, a kids movie that will make more money than you will ever make in your lifetime, a kids movie that only exists to sell toys and t-shirts and bedsheets to children, is beyond tired and beyond childish.

No, there's no grand conspiracy out there targeting DC movies. No, people aren't being "unfair" or "biased" towards a movie that's from a brand you're loyal to. If anything, it's ridiculous so many of you are leaping to defend a movie made by a megacorporation like this. So to everybody doing this, including @Warmaster506 @Johnny Tran @stephanos13, stop this now, or you will see a threadban. Trust me. I am not joking. You've been warned.

I apologize for sounding harsh and mean, but this is the only way some of you will listen. So I hope the message is loud and clear. Okay? Okay.

Your avatar and name are perfect for posts like this.

Feels like Aquaman 2.0 to me , critics dont love it (ironic since No Way Home has similar cons they are pointing for this, its boring till other heroes pop up) but its fun for audience.

They clearly either dont like Ezra's take or love it.

8 hours ago, Dominic Draper said:

Can you name any comic book films that are widely considered among the greatest of all time that are scored in the low 70s?

Joker is even below that. (But I'm not saying I expect The Flash to perform the same way)

• Like 2

Reviews seem solidly mixed to positive... We've seen plenty of blockbuster with this type of critical reception really take off with audiences... I'm thinking if it opens decently to something hopefully closer to 90M OW DOM, Flash might still pull close to or slightly over a 3 multiplier if audience reception is as good as hoped.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Reviews seem solidly mixed to positive... We've seen plenty of blockbuster with this type of critical reception really take off with audiences... I'm thinking if it opens decently to something hopefully closer to 90M OW DOM, Flash might still pull close to or slightly over a 3 multiplier if audience reception is as good as hoped.

So, are we talking about anything between $550m and $800m WW possible at this stage?

$800 would need a $100m opening, strong legs to get close to $350m DOM, stellar marketing to get old Keaton fans like me to turn out in droves without alienating them with the ping pong CGI fight scenes, and good numbers in China to bring extra $50m.

For $550m e.g. $80m OW, 2.8x ~$230 DOM and $320m OS.

Breakeven point is probably around $575-600m. If I recall, Batman movies have usually had great home entertainment sales. Maybe that rubs into this too and balances out the delayed release capital costs. Any thoughts?