Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I'm surprised that WB is going forward with a Flash movie. I just dont see the draw and appeal. With the TV show going side by side the need to go and spend money to see The Flash on the big screen will be diminished in my mind. The TV show takes away from the mystery and "coolness" factor from a potential movie. If you wanna watch Flash just put on one of the 100 episodes that are out there.

Flash should just be used like Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye in the MCU.

Would IronMan/Tony Stark do as well as it did and be the phenomenon it became if there was an IronMan TV show running on season 4 at the same time the first movie came out? I think not.

WB hasnt been good enough with protecting the charachters. If the goal is to have a cinematic universe like MCU, then having TV shows running at the same time with the same charachters is a terrible idea.

Edited by Essem

1 hour ago, Essem said:

I'm surprised that WB is going forward with a Flash movie. I just dont see the draw and appeal. With the TV show going side by side the need to go and spend money to see The Flash on the big screen will be diminished in my mind. The TV show takes away from the mystery and "coolness" factor from a potential movie. If you wanna watch Flash just put on one of the 100 episodes that are out there.

Flash should just be used like Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye in the MCU.

Would IronMan/Tony Stark do as well as it did and be the phenomenon it became if there was an IronMan TV show running on season 4 at the same time the first movie came out? I think not.

WB hasnt been good enough with protecting the charachters. If the goal is to have a cinematic universe like MCU, then having TV shows running at the same time with the same charachters is a terrible idea.

The Flash is a very popular character now especially after the TV show premiered.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

The Flash TV show averages about 2.5 million viewers. About 25 million people (US) saw the Justice League movie.

Would not be surprising if 50% or less watch it on TV that count in that viewer count.

full list of the year’s most-pirated television shows below.

1. “Game of Thrones”
2. “The Walking Dead”
3. “The Flash”
4. “The Big Bang Theory”
5. “Rick and Morty”
6. “Prison Break”
7. “Sherlock”
8. “Vikings
9. “Suits”
10. “Arrow”

And it is on Netflix also.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/31/the-flash-season-4-netflix/

Just now, Chewy said:

The Flash show is mostly blowing papers around with fans and some CGI blur lines, no? Really doubt many ppl would see it as a substitute for a big budget vfx flick

The start of the episode is some CGI blur lines and The Flash can't stop the villain, then they all get together and brainstorm the solution which is a variant of "Run faster" and then the end is a lot more CGI blur lines and Flash stops the villain by running faster. I watched S1 and S2 fully and then stopped midway through S3 when every episode started becoming the same and they had changed too many timelines after saying that doing it even once was wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And I suspect the Flash TV show will have completed it's run by the time the Movie premieres.

This is what they said about Smallville... (well, indeed that was one of the possible scenarios in play at the time)

But I think Warner Bros./DC are simply changing attitude about their film/TV incarnations.  They used to be hard core about keeping the features isolated away from any TV interpretation, but I think now they're recognizing that it can only help the brand.  (Again, look at Smallville's case...it continued running after Superman Returns and definitely generated more money and goodwill than that film did in culture.) 

You see by today's Deadline-revealed news that they have no problem with simultaneously developing a Supergirl feature, either. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Would not be surprising if 50% or less watch it on TV that count in that viewer count.

full list of the year’s most-pirated television shows below.

1. “Game of Thrones”
2. “The Walking Dead”
3. “The Flash”
4. “The Big Bang Theory”
5. “Rick and Morty”
6. “Prison Break”
7. “Sherlock”
8. “Vikings
9. “Suits”
10. “Arrow”

And it is on Netflix also.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/31/the-flash-season-4-netflix/

ok 5 million viewers

• Like 1

Ok, so who will the villians be?

One of Flash's strength is he has a good rogues gallery..probably the best and deepest in the DCU except for Batman.

Ironic that Superman's rogues gallery is pretty thin...which is why Timm had to end up creating quite a few villians for "Superman:TAS".

Really like Thawne in the Tv showBoth versions but i would hope they go with the Rogues.Dont need much set-up.Leave Thawne for later.Grodd could work too but i am just kinda bitter we haven't got the Rogues in full on the show.

Thats what i want though but i am pretty sure they will go with Thawne.2 speedsters and all the sfx that goes with it would really sell the movie i guess.Plus can have a strong emotional core to the movie.

20 hours ago, dudalb said:

Ok, so who will the villians be?

One of Flash's strength is he has a good rogues gallery..probably the best and deepest in the DCU except for Batman.

Ironic that Superman's rogues gallery is pretty thin...which is why Timm had to end up creating quite a few villians for "Superman:TAS".

Eobard Thawne

Captain Cold/Rogues

Gorilla Grodd

Birds of Prey January 15 and The Flash February 5!

• Like 4