Eric Prime

F9 WEEKEND THREAD | 70M Opening Weekend! Now 405M Worldwide | The Moovies are back! | One Month of Gold only $7.50

Ohhh, just realized what these numbers are on about.   

The one with the heist in Rio was pretty good.  Haven’t seen most of the rest, ones that I have were bad, not sure exactly which and not checking.

Gonna follow @Eric is Full of Pride's lead here.

---

Since for some reason, peeps like to see my reports, I'll xpost them here:

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

F9 Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report:

PREMIERE NIGHT (FINAL REPORT) [5:30pm - 6:10pm]

Capped

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Seats Sold

Perct Sold

TOTALS

22.32%

Total Showings Removed Since Noon-ish

9*

Total Seats Removed Since Noon-ish

Total Seats Sold Since Noon-ish

* NOTE:  Cinemark removed a few 11pm+ showings at some locations late today.  Justified IMO, as I thot they were overbooked so it doesn't speak much to how F9 did today.

T-0 Comps

%

Sold T-0

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

AQP II (adj)

140.18%

36/139

2049/5133

60.08%

6.7m

F9 (adj)

---

0/161

15305/19628

22.02%

---

T-0 Alternate Comp

%

Sold T-0

Total Sold

Sellouts/Shows

Seats Left/Total Seats

Perct Sold

Comp

H&S (adj)

----

0/111

9423/12053

21.82%

9.3m

Wick 3 (adj)

----

0/62

5225/7947

34.25%

9.1m

F9 (adj)

---

0/161

12296/16501

25.48%

---

SELLOUT NOTE:  Locally, AQP II was still under a capacity cap, which greatly inflated the number of sellouts as well as depressing the amount of seats available.

ADJUSTMENT NOTE 1:  AQP II (adj) is the amount of seats sold after the theaters which currently have unreliable data polluting their seat maps have been removed.

Thoughts and official "call" in next post

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Well then. 

Juuuuuuuust a bit better in Sacto than it originally looked like. :lol:

So we got two clear worlds here.  One where, somehow, AQP II is the leading indicator.  Another where everything is peaches and creme.   But things aren't peaches and creme, if only for the lack of Ontario plus some lingering caps.  

Still... 

If I adjust the Wick 3/H&S comp downward by 5%, I get 8.7m-8.8m.  If I adjust AQP II up by 5%, I get 7.1m.  If I adjust each by 10% up and down, I get 8.2m-8.3m and 7.4m respectively.

You know what?  AQP II really sounds like the outlier.  I'm realize I'm sticking my neck out a bit, but considering what other trackers have (aside from @Inceptionzq), I'll go for 8.4m +/- .4m.  

That error bar is hella high, but I still don't know how much to adjust for lack of Ontario and the other missing screens in the US.

Maybe it will be 9m+.  Just don't feel comfortable calling for that. 

Now?  Now we wait. 

Pretty much self-explanatory.  My biggest issue is adjusting for Ontario, and places where theaters shut down/are still capped (like much of Canada).  Just have to see how it all shakes out.

33 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Ohhh, just realized what these numbers are on about.   

I was like, oh Tele need suggestion for Car number plate and now it will become a joke which will go for a page or two. 

I have only seen 2. One with tank and 7. Liked One with tank a bit.

I have this conflicted feeling for F7. As much as I like F7, that is the emotional tribute for Paul Walker that stand out as an iconic moment of the series but this moment have little to do with actual plot. The scene play more like a real-life farewell bid for Paul Walker than the character. So can this still be evaluated along side with the movie itself?   

58 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

7 might go above 5 for me tbh. 6 and 7 probably have the most perfect endings in the franchise (7 obviously has the best ending to a major blockbuster in the past decade).

Mad Max Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Verified RT audience score for F9 right now at 84%. Was 86% when I started typing this. Lower than Mortal Kombat, which is at 86% (but MK started at 88% around the same point).

👀