Eric Duncan

F9 WEEKEND THREAD | 70M Opening Weekend! Now 405M Worldwide | The Moovies are back! | One Month of Gold only $7.50

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Also 3100 locs only. Usually its almost all locs doing previews right.

No, previews are always a much lower location count. Fate of the Furious previews were 3300 theaters, full release was 4200.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I saw it. The 7pm showing was a nice size. Appropriate audience reactions. Overall, I'm somewhat underwhelmed. I expected more action--the trailers pretty much reveal all 3 big setpieces. But what the film offered in that department, still delivered. I understand why the reception is very mixed. Even for Fast and Furious, it's very plot-driven and melodramatic. The 2nd act will be a problem for many. It might not be "fun" enough. The lack of The Rock really deflates the energy. Cena isn't very memorable.

I'd say it opens mid 60s and falls 60%+ next weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if The Boss Baby beats it for #1

It’s too late to make a club, but do we think that Boss Baby 2, by the end of its opening weekend, will outgross Spirit Untamed’s entire run?

10 minutes ago, Felandria said:

It’s too late to make a club, but do we think that Boss Baby 2, by the end of its opening weekend, will outgross Spirit Untamed’s entire run?

Peacock Premium Same-Day may impact it but it won't be that much. Therefore, It may open similar to Cruella. @el sid's advance sales next week will tell a better story.

Edited by LegendaryBen

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

MTC1 was ok. If we didn't had MTC2, would have thought $7-7.5M only. MTC 2 over indexed big time.

The power of the single ticket movie member club with the big push for Cinema week, I think...having seen the 3 chains and their Cinema week push, Cinemark went the most all in...