TheDarkKnightOfSteel

ARGYLLE| Matthew Vaughn| Henry Cavill, Samuel L. Jackson, Bryce Dallas Howard, Bryan Cranston, Sam Rockwell | February 2, 2023

48 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He's too boring to get worked up over IMO. Also, the role of Superman has never really been a superhero role that has resulted in the kind of career boost actors hope to achieve. Those who have played Batman tend to have a stronger post-super track record (Oscar winner Bale, Oscar nominee Keaton), for instance. 

Saying that Batman was a career booster for Keaton is a stretch. His career renaissance happened in the 2010s. The only actor who I think you could say truly had a boost in his career from playing Batman was Bale. Most of the other actors were already pretty well known before that. 

As for Superman, I’d say it actually has boosted Cavill’s career. He seems to have managed to avoid the Superman curse.

Edited by WittyUsername

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Saying that Batman was a career booster for Keaton is a stretch. His career renaissance happened in the 2010s. The only actor who I think you could say truly had a boost in his career from playing Batman was Bale. Most of the other actors were already pretty well known before that. 

As for Superman, I’d say it actually has boosted Cavill’s career. He seems to have managed to avoid the Superman curse.

True (even if he's not grabbing great roles/projects that sound like surefire winners even on paper), but still, it's telling that a "Superman Curse" is a thing and a "Batman Curse" is not. :lol: Spider-Man still doesn't have enough of a big screen legacy yet for there to be any proclamations of Spidey Curse.

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

It’s honestly kinda that Vaughn said the budget isn’t 200M (without saying what it actually is) but the trades just ignored him.

$200m is what Apple paid for it, so it's a $200m expense as far as they're concerned.

6 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

Damn, Matthew Vaughn really lost his mojo.

I think he got way too full of himself after everyone credited him for saving the X-Men film series, and kept suggesting that he should direct a Superman movie. Even by Hollywood standards, he’s never come across as particularly modest. 

• Like 1