Borobudur

The Suicide Squad Weekend Thread: 26.6M Opening Weekend, 35M OS | Jungle Cruise 15.7 (-55%), Old 4.1 (-40%), Widow 4 (-38%), Stillwater 2.9 (-45%)

1 minute ago, Sanjay83 said:

What will happen to PeaceMaker in HBO Max..

Pretty sure that’s already filmed. 

I wonder if WB will release HBOMax numbers in a Disney (BW and Jungle Cruise) type press release. I doubt it though, I don’t think they’ve did that before?

• Like 2

Just now, Krissykins said:

Pretty sure that’s already filmed. 

I wonder if WB will release HBOMax numbers in a Disney (BW and Jungle Cruise) type press release. I doubt it though, I don’t think they’ve did that before?

If they release how many new people subscribed that would be good otherwise idk

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:
  Hide contents

EinjhkjXcAInSnt?format=jpg&name=small

This pandemic could spell the end of comic book movies being giants of BO. I feel there's an air of disappointment ...i feel the next movie are gonna seriously underperform. Shang Chi is next and i don't feel good about Eternals either. That one is gonna be a big one if it flops and i feel it will

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

This pandemic could spell the end of comic book movie being giants of BO. I feel there's an air of disappointment ...i feel the next movie are gonna seriously underperform. Shang Chi is next and i don't feel good about Eternals either. That one is gonna be a big one if it flops and i feel it will

if spiderman no way home flops then i will start worry till then nope...........

Just now, Maggie said:

This pandemic could spell the end of comic book movie being giants of BO. I feel there's an air of disappointment ...i feel the next movie are gonna seriously underperform. Shang Chi is next and i don't feel good about Eternals either. That one is gonna be a big one if it flops and i feel it will

Depends on the CBM I think, there seems to be crazy anticipation for Spiderman, and Venom's trailer has like 25m views in less than a week.

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

if spiderman no way home flops then i will start worry till then nope...........

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

Depends on the CBM I think, there seems to be crazy anticipation for Spiderman, and Venom's trailer has like 25m views in less than a week.

If they don't move it, Spidey is gonna disappoint. Anyway, it's more of a feeling....coupled with the Scarlett thing. Marvel has passed their peak imo.

1 minute ago, Last Man Standing said:

Plus, Venom 2 doesn’t have a streaming option does it? That’s a bonus. And it’s PG13. 

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

This pandemic could spell the end of comic book movies being giants of BO. 

That's a weird jump to make less than a month after Black Widow opening to the highest pandemic OW despite being available on PVOD simultaneously.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

If they don't move it, Spidey is gonna disappoint. Anyway, it's more of a feeling....coupled with the Scarlett thing. Marvel has passed their peak imo.

When X-men and F4 movie start coming this will such a throwback comment :rofl:

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

That's a weird jump to make less than a month after Black Widow opening to the highest pandemic OW despite being available on PVOD simultaneously.

and Black Widow is also biggest Domestic movie of 2021 and very few movies left  to challenge that

• Like 2

Shang-Chi hasn't even started presales yet and people are declaring "end of superhero movies" lmao. TSS had some of the worst trailer views for a superhero film. It was always going to be a fairly low opener for the genre. I can't claim I expected it to be this low before presales but this is hardly the movie to judge the strength of the genre from.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

and Black Widow is also biggest Domestic movie of 2021 and very few movies left  to challenge that

At least it has that going for it, I guess lol. 

Love Black Widow, but as I said yesterday, that film is just so tainted now. 

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Between TSS, Free Guy and Shang-Chi if I worked in a theater I would be looking for a new job. These numbers are cataclysmic.

I’m taking this one personally. Stop right now, you are being genuinely insufferable. Leave my job alone thank you very much. Now.

• Like 7