Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread (10/15-17) | Halloween Kills 4.85M Previews, Last Duel 350K

29 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Last Duel is a worrying development. Looks like there's a whole genre there that's going to be TV only for a long time.

Considering that GOT is the most epic thing since LOTR, TV is not a bad thing. At least HBO and streaming TV have the budget to make their movies and shows of that genre look grand. And more people have jumbo TV set anyway.

1 hour ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Same superpowers as Black Widow and Hawkeye :Venom:

:hahaha::bravo:

40 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Imperial Army + Death Stars + Psychos w/ Force should be harder to defeat than lone psycho with a knife  :sadno:

I still want to know what was going on when the Empire sat down and decided to rebrand to The First Order.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Considering that GOT is the most epic thing since LOTR, TV is not a bad thing. At least HBO and streaming TV have the budget to make their movies and shows of that genre look grand. And more people have jumbo TV set anyway.

I think he meant historical epics, not fantasy)

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I think he meant historical epics, not fantasy)

GOT's most spectacular battle - Battle of the Bastards - had no fantasy in it (maybe 1 Giant but that's too minor and certainly not a moneyshot). It was pure medieval clash of swords with an ingenious military strategy. Also, historical shows like the Vikings, the Last Kingdom and Netflix's #1 foreign show in 2020 the Barbaren were quite popular and looked well. So I don't think historical epic diminishes on TV. But point taken. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Nobody reads books

Should have explained it in a Disney+ series

We need 8 episodes of the Empire's advertising team workshopping new fascist party names immediately. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1