Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

So are we out of the pandemic yet @VenomXXR ?  Because the way i see it another MCU movie is about to do $400M maybe worldwide when the floor used to be $700-800M+

Obviously no, we are still not out of the woods just yet, however these latest marvel movies didn't open in China

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Spencer numbers are ok, i guess. Could have done way more. The Crown is a big hit and Diana is way more  relevant than Jackie these days

Spencer is not for fans of The Crown though. It’s a totally different kettle of fish lol. 

26 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I’d take a sequel to Eternals over another Shang Chi every day of the week. And I liked both movies. 

this. I have no interest in SC as a character and the movie worked thanks to Tony Leung. OTOH, I'm invested in a number of Eternals characters. 

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$700m+ is certain. 

NTTD OS hold is insane. It doesn't seem to be dropping ha ha. So pandemic excuses for other movies really don't hold. When people REALLY want to see something, they show up in full force. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if you have seen the movie then you know that the cast wont be the same and probably smaller, again guys explain to me why fast 9 with the same budget opened to 70 mill ow and eternals with that ow its considered like that huge disaster that marvel wont even touch again .....

Because of this:

$173,005,945
INTERNATIONAL (76%)
$548,072,000
WORLDWIDE
$721,077,945

Fast is an OS giant, DOM is not that important for it. And even DOM, I don't think Eternals will touch the 173m of F9 with a 70-71m opening and the WOM it (seemingly) has.
  • Like 3

tbf at this point if we need sequel for every MCU solo film, we need 4-5 of them a year. 

the best way is characters appearing in other movies. 

Eternals as the movie told the story of origin of these heroes, I am not sure what else happen in the movie, but I suppose after the events of movie, they might be noticed by others like Avengers, or Shield whatever form it is in.

No need to correct me or quote me because that will be spoiler. If you have something contradict to say, just read and move on.

Just now, James said:

Because of this:

$173,005,945
INTERNATIONAL (76%)
$548,072,000
WORLDWIDE
$721,077,945

Fast is an OS giant, DOM is not that important for it. And even DOM, I don't think Eternals will touch the 173m of F9 with a 70-71m opening and the WOM it (seemingly) has.

you seem to forget that 210 mill of these are from china a market where eternals wont hit, a fair comparison would be fast 9-china vs eternals, where their total will be close

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Obviously no, we are still not out of the woods just yet, however these latest marvel movies didn't open in China

Right but you could throw in another $100M or so from China and still be well short of what they used to do.  For the record,  i do believe that Spider-Man will be a huge event film and the 1st to cross $1 billion since 2019. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

Because of this:

$173,005,945
INTERNATIONAL (76%)
$548,072,000
WORLDWIDE
$721,077,945

minus China from that, F9 won't be much ahead from Eternals opening wise. A slightly better reception from GA, it could have taken down F9 INT-China.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

Right but you could throw in another $100M or so from China and still be well short of what they used to do.  For the record,  i do believe that Spider-Man will be a huge event film and the 1st to cross $1 billion since 2019. 

again these are new franchises, not every "new" ip is the same , on one hand you have the antman movies and on the other you have black panther...

Just now, john2000 said:

you seem to forget that 210 mill of these are from china a market where eternals wont hit, a fair comparison would be fast 9-china vs eternals, where their total will be close

I am making that comparison because you made it. And for the sake of argument, let's remove China (even though it is nonsensical, because money is money for studios). F9 still made 510m WW. Eternals won't do much past 400m.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

I am making that comparison because you made it. And for the sake of argument, let's remove China (even though it is nonsensical, because money is money for studios). F9 still made 510m WW. Eternals won't do much past 400m.

eternals will probably hit 450 mill or so depending on legs and maybe more than that, but the difference wont be big and i thought that it was clear that i compared a sans china gross.

Edited by john2000

I’ll be able to see eternals next week but I refuse to believe that marvel would make a boring or slow paced film ( for the GA) and since hardcore marvel fans seem to like it just fine then it shouldn’t be inaccessible either like dune or something.

so I think the B cinemascore is just another Tenet situation where general audiences couldn’t understand the plot because of its structure so once they pay more attention or rewatch it they’ll come around to it. 

unlike The B CS that BvS got where it simply was just poorly received even when the plot was very clear.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 2