Eric S'ennui

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

15 minutes ago, Macleod said:

FOLKS.  Please clarify when you're talking about SPIDER-MAN (2002) vs. SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME, since they may share many elements.  I HOPE these two quotes are talking about the first RAIMI film, I had to re-read these a couple of times to make sure.  Otherwise, these spoilers shouldn't be here.  

Was talking about the 2002 film.

43 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Why are there still sick and poor people in the MCU when they have AI? They have space travel. They can make machines that do insane things, yet the lives of ordinary people doesn't seem to have changed much. The world of the MCU is massively under developed.

Buddy, have you heard of America?? 

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

59 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Why are there still sick and poor people in the MCU when they have AI? They have space travel. They can make machines that do insane things, yet the lives of ordinary people doesn't seem to have changed much. The world of the MCU is massively under developed.

IMG_3015.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

8 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Fantastic, 14.2% drop on Sunday if it's 259M or 12.8% drop for 260M. 3rd best Sunday hold for openers over 200M after SW7 and BP.

Both those films managed $40M on Monday after OW. Think NWH can also achieve this? Right now I'm thinking a 40% drop but....

BP Sunday = $60.067M
BP Monday = $40.152M

33.15% drop

TFA Sunday = $60.553M
TFA Monday = $40.110M 

33.76% drop 

4 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

Both those films managed $40M on Monday after OW. Think NWH can also achieve this? Right now I'm thinking a 40% drop but....

BP Sunday = $60.067M
BP Monday = $40.152M

33.15% drop

TFA Sunday = $60.553M
TFA Monday = $40.110M 

33.76% drop 

Black Panther had President's Day holiday, so not a very apt comparison. TFA is probably a better one, but I'm thinking 40% drop too.

1 hour ago, Momori said:

Per Deadline, Spider-Man: No Way Home earned 7% of its domestic gross in Canada on opening weekend, or around $17.71M. This is despite 50% capacity restrictions in some provinces, including Ontario, the largest province.

q10y2odcxj681.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Yeah IW did 20 million and America trending above IW so likely restrictions cost about 2 million off sales or so? 

but its literally impossible to get any tickets so will mean great legs as long we dont lockdown oop

Edited by Torontofan

8 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

BP Sunday = $60.067M
BP Monday = $40.152M

33.15% drop

TFA Sunday = $60.553M
TFA Monday = $40.110M 

33.76% drop 

I agree with you on 40M+ Monday. Schools are out and a lot of folks are taking time off.

63.5M

41M

38M

30M

35M

26M

49M

50M 

528.1M

Endgame domestic would be toast, legitimate shot at SW7.

• Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I agree with you on 40M+ Monday. Schools are out and a lot of folks are taking time off.

63.5M

41M

38M

30M

35M

26M

49M

50M 

528.1M

Endgame domestic would be toast, legitimate shot at SW7.

That's a bit higher than what I'm thinking...

259 OW

498 through 10

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol West Side Story and Nightmare Alley have joined The Last Duel and Last Night in Soho in adult drama purgatory.  The only one that wasn't a complete bomb this season is House of Gucci, but even that film's numbers aren't exactly good relative to its budget.  Its a good thing the next Martin Scorsese movie(Killers of the Flower Moon, 200m budget) and Ridley Scott movie(Kitbag, probably around 150m+) are both funded by Apple Studios because they both would be mega bombs in theaters. 

Now they will be mega bombs in streaming, since no one uses Apple TV+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

That's a bit higher than what I'm thinking...

259 OW

498 through 10

I don't see why Thursday would drop from Wednesday since all openers open on Wednesday plus Friday is Christmas eve, everyone will be off so strong night business for Thursday. 

I'm thinking (if $63M Sunday)

Mon: $34M (-46%)

Tue: $32M (-6%)

Wed: $27M (-15%)

Thurs: $30M (+10%) 23rd of Dec is usually an up day for box office

Fri: $22M (-27%) Christmas Eve, down day

Sat: $37M (+70%)

Sun: $40M (+8%) Post Xmas Sunday increase is fairly common with this yearly calendar based on 2010/2004

$480M total after Christmas weekend. Weekdays through New Years will stay strong and likely have a total near or north of $600M by then.

3 hours ago, narniadis said:

Glad to know that Charlie is still Charlie and Spidey didn't hoodwink him (I'd have been shocked if you really liked it.) Lol means I will probably really enjoy it then when I can finally see it. 

As for the OW Amazing and sets up well for a potential massive gross. The rest of the top 10 :( so sad and makes my heart hurt. 

He was talking about the original Spider-Man film. Seems you and kalel think he was talking about NWH, no?

• Like 1