Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Posted at the same time...still low 25+ women, but probably the most by revenue of any movie for a single day this year...although they probably all clustered between 25-34, with that 18-34 demo percentage...pays to be a young and diverse drawing movie right now

Latino audience but specifically men are really coming to movies this year.  You can see that their audience share is much higher than next audience share. That has been a trend before pandemic but especially now. True movie lovers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XO21 said:

"Who says people love to stay home and stream movies?"

You???

$50m great to see officially. 

I know I'll get bombarded by some of our usual theatrical diehards for saying this, but this whole "theatrical is totes alive and streaming is evil and bad and nobody likes it" mantra that Deadline and other trades did this past year reeks of insecurity.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Latino audience but specifically men are really coming to movies this year.  You can see that their audience share is much higher than next audience share. That has been a trend before pandemic but especially now. True movie lovers. 

Make me wonder though just where are all the Caucasian?? They suppose to make up 55%-60% of audience share. Not to mention all three Sony Spiderman (whether if they are in NWH for real or not) are played by Caucasian. 

Just for context, in @Cap's prediction contest where the deadline (for previews) was before tickets going on sale, the average prediction was 29.7m and the highest was 45m. 

IF it follows TFA multi for Friday it will make 104m OD, with Endgame's multi it gets to 130m OD and with IW it gets to 136m OD.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Here's a noodle scratcher:

Did superhero movies ruin Hollywood or help save it?

If cbms were still making middling grosses from the mid 2000s with Spidey as the exception then it’s fair to say that attendance would be even lower than it is now already. Horror movies do alright but the adult dramas mostly do shit #s and the comedies...I don’t even remember the last comedy that came out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

We love our Spideys, that is why LATAM numbers are so big as well lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Come on dude.

Did you even read tracking thread.

Yeh I only glanced at the tracking thread yesterday for the first time in a while, but wasn’t it indicating $48-50m? 

Spot on!

Edited by Krissykins

2 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

I know I'll get bombarded by some of our usual theatrical diehards for saying this, but this whole "theatrical is totes alive and streaming is evil and bad and nobody likes it" mantra that Deadline and other trades did this past year reeks of insecurity.

Mostly because everything that isn't a super-hero is a mega bomb.

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Just for context, in @Cap's prediction contest where the deadline (for previews) was before tickets going on sale, the average prediction was 29.7m and the highest was 45m. 

IF it follows TFA multi for Friday it will make 104m OD, with Endgame's multi it gets to 130m OD and with IW it gets to 136m OD.

So what you’re telling me, is that no one is going to be disappointed by 50 million. We’re all going to accept that’s an amazing number and this is an amazing day and this is an amazing time!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Make me wonder though just where are all the Caucasian?? They suppose to make up 55%-60% of audience share. Not to mention all three Sony Spiderman (whether if they are in NWH for real or not) are played by Caucasian. 

probably will show up on weekend and end up the biggest audience share. I also expect female audience share to go slightly up by the end of the weekend. 

50 mln$ is a great, round number :)

It has to at least  beat TFA opening weekend now, multiplier less than x5 seems impossible for Marvel movie, even Endgame with giant previews had x6. 

I would say 300 mln $ domestic opening weekend is on the table. 

Second biggest domestic opening weekend is imo locked. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

The Spidey/Venom movies have not skewed as hard Caucasian (as say, the normal MCU movies) and have had a high diverse (and young) demo, even prior to Covid - not quite this high, but it's not too unusual...

It's why I always said the Sony movies would stick as the year went by - they had movies for the exact movie demo that was going to theaters in 2021...

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I think I put 47m, and I realised my ballot isn't in the @Cap 's list

Edited by titanic2187