Eric is Quiet

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

7 hours ago, John Marston said:

so It’s not just Peter who is forgotten but Spider-Man ? 

Spider-man is not forgotten, its comic book logic, but its like Peter never existed. I have honestly no idea how the memories of his friends were retconned, do they remember the events with him just in a different way or are all events which included him as spider-man deleted?

They basically just straight up rebooted Spider-Man in universe. Though i am concerned what they are gonna do with that now, its a great idea having "normal" street spider-man again, but this isnt really what the MCU was building up with eternals and multiverses, so i hope they still keep him low-level.

Honestly i would have fucking loved Venom in this movies, he would already be easy to integrate in the story and would play great with the other characters and in the action scenes.

17 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

Spider-man is not forgotten, its comic book logic, but its like Peter never existed. I have honestly no idea how the memories of his friends were retconned, do they remember the events with him just in a different way or are all events which included him as spider-man deleted?

They basically just straight up rebooted Spider-Man in universe. Though i am concerned what they are gonna do with that now, its a great idea having "normal" street spider-man again, but this isnt really what the MCU was building up with eternals and multiverses, so i hope they still keep him low-level.

Honestly i would have fucking loved Venom in this movies, he would already be easy to integrate in the story and would play great with the other characters and in the action scenes.

If everyone forgets Peter Parker how is he able to get a job, get an apartment etc? 

He shouldn't exist in any record.

I feel this is kind of an over correction

50 minutes ago, Coldbird said:

Maybe because many anime have done that plot, I don't find what is so confusing about it, their memories just get modified so another person gets Peter's actions in their mind and events get re-arranged.

Not because every movie is some inter galactic adventure everything has to be like that... Cap 4, Black Panther and Blade for sure won't be as groundbreaking, hell outside Dr Strange and maybe Ant-man the other movies are not multiverse based... 

Venom is a hero in his movies, I don't see any reason why he would fit being with Peter's Spider-man, he literally did not do a single bad evil thing in the last movie, that Venom does not work as Spider-man archnemesis, besides next trilogy most likely introduces Miles.

Edited by Fox20

Just now, RealLyre said:

I'm not exactly sure but I think they changed Wong's dialogue from the first teaser?  I don't remember him saying "don't cast that spell it's dangerous" in the actual movie.  

that first teaser was quite misleading so I guess Marvel marketing is still on point

They recorded extra dialogue. The shot of Wong leaving is also different.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

If everyone forgets Peter Parker how is he able to get a job, get an apartment etc? 

too much of a reset maybe but I guess it will be reversed some time in the future. he was pretty much erased from everything, even Happy didn't know he was Aunt May's niece lol.

no way Spider-Man will be left out of the next Avengers movie imo.

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Not Garfield wiping the floor with Tobey and Holland...like it wasn't even close. I just wanted to spend time with him when he came on.

Dafoe was legit terrifying in the scene he killed May. Would've happily ditched Lizard, Electro and even Sandman (THC clearly filmed all his scenes in front of a green screen 100 miles from any other actor) for more of him.

Andrew Garfield should be in more mainstream stuff. He is excellent in everything he does and easily the best actor to play Spiderman. 

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Ending is surpassingly harsh. Maybe too harsh. Has Peter been in a position where he has no friends or support whatsoever?

I am honestly wondering if they're just going to spend the next film finding a way to restore some of their memories? Marvel is the king of doing these things which negate or undermine everything that's come before, and not in a good way. 

I admit it's odd that Hardy's Venom was transported to the MCU because he's never fought Spider-Man in his universe but I guess Sony wanted to have some sort of connection.

The multiverse cracks I imagine will be explored in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness but also be a way of bringing in characters like Deadpool.

4 hours ago, excel1 said:

I am honestly wondering if they're just going to spend the next film finding a way to restore some of their memories? Marvel is the king of doing these things which negate or undermine everything that's come before, and not in a good way. 

Again not having seen it and just reading the story breakdown on paper, at least this doesn't feel insultingly dumb like when Parker made a deal with Not-Satan to erase his marriage to Mary Jane so Aunt May could live or whatever nonsense. 

I keep reading that Spider-Man is known in this universe, but not PP is SM or that PP/SM are both completely forgotten. Which is it? The former makes more sense booking-wise so it would be easy whenever Secret Wars or whatever next major cross-over happens that other characters who dealt with Spidey before wouldn't need a re-introduction. 

Of course historically speaking as much as Spidey the Marvel cash cow was involved in those big comic event storylines, he wasn't considered a major player. He wasn't an actual outright Avenger until.....the 2000s? I would have to look it up. Mostly stuck to NYC and since most Marvel heroes reside/operate in NYC or in that vicinity, that's how writers without much effort could wave off how he could quite often work with the Avengers or Fantastic Four or the Punisher or whatever. 

Honestly that's one of the things about IW that I low-key loved about that movie which most people glance over, how Spidey enters that plot. Something bad is going down, he swings by to investigate, and BAM! POW! Hey Iron Man, what's up?

8 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Venom is a hero in his movies, I don't see any reason why he would fit being with Peter's Spider-man, he literally did not do a single bad evil thing in the last movie, that Venom does not work as Spider-man archnemesis, besides next trilogy most likely introduces Miles.

Not a evil thing is debatable, even if the people who Venom overtook didnt died. Overall he doesnt have be his archnemesis, let them fight because of a misunderstanding, maybe Venom is trying to eat people because its not his reality anyway and before Toms stops him Spider-Man sees it, maybe Venom and Tom get seperated and Spider-Man sees Venom as an invader before they reunite or they are playing the lethal protector because they think Spider-Man is a threat like it was implied in the post-credit scenes.

In the middle they reconcile and Venom fights with the Spider-Mans in the end. The dialogue is writting itself with the different space/venom/monster experience of the 3 spider-mans, they could even recreate the surf the web scene from the sm1 game.

4 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

Did they reuse the Dr Connors and Flint Mark scenes from tasm1 and sm3 when they got cured? Lmao

Fllint didnt get cured in SM3.

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

He is now just some unknown guy for the and for a crappy apartment in the city, people dont ask you about your CV.

5 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

Did they reuse the Dr Connors and Flint Mark scenes from tasm1 and sm3 when they got cured? Lmao

They didn't even credit Rhys Ifans or I must have missed it. I thought it was weird how little both of them were featured, so I assume they weren't really in it? All just CGI?

Also, can someone more keyed in let me know -

Dr Strange 2 was meant to come out before this pre-pandemic, but in the trailer at the end, it seemed like Dr Strange 2 is based on what happened in this film...so did they have to reshoot the entire film or something? Just because of the pandemic and Sony wanting to release Spider Man first or what's the story behind it?

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

If you put in a little thought, the whole thing unravels.

Why have they all forgotten who he is? They are just meant to forget he's Spider Man.

He was friends with Ned before he was bitten (I assume, can't remember). MJ only finds out in the last movie. How does Happy date Aunt May without ever seeing Peter lol. It's stupid.

Then on top of that, the universes are colliding because they know Peter Parker = Spider Man, so if they now all forget, then wouldn't Garfield and Maguire Spider Man universes also no longer know Spider Man? lol

2 minutes ago, BK007 said:

They didn't even credit Rhys Ifans or I must have missed it. I thought it was weird how little both of them were featured, so I assume they weren't really in it? All just CGI?

Also, can someone more keyed in let me know -

Dr Strange 2 was meant to come out before this pre-pandemic, but in the trailer at the end, it seemed like Dr Strange 2 is based on what happened in this film...so did they have to reshoot the entire film or something? Just because of the pandemic and Sony wanting to release Spider Man first or what's the story behind it?

They changed NWH to be a multiverse story, DS2 would have been mostly the same either way.

Tobey was incredibly stiff. I didn't think any of his scenes worked that well except the back-cracking scene with Andrew. Andrew was x100 more charming here than in any of his own movies.

But the movie was Tom's. I am not a crier but I teared up at his reaction to May's death and his goodbye scene with MJ. Peter just looked completely wrecked at the end and it was genuinely heart-wrenching.

(Also shout-out to Benedict Cumberbatch? Did not expect to be as moved as I was by Strange/Peter's goodbye)

Edited by snarkmachine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

They changed NWH to be a multiverse story, DS2 would have been mostly the same either way.

Wiki said Strange was due out May 2021 and Spidey July 2021 and obviously it's now Spidey in Dec 2021 and Strange in May 2022.

How can DS2 be the same if it used to be before Spidey? Is that why they're doing all the reshoots now?

Otherwise, depending on if Strange learns anything in his movie, he just decides to open the multiverse again in the next movie? That wouldn't make sense.

Oh wait, damn it's been a long pandemic. I was thinking of May 2020 and that both movies were already in the can then.