YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

I see it's already been handled, but yeah, pretty simple answer -- pretty clear why the one who comes out of nowhere starting things  with personal insults deserves most of the blame/warnings. As for myself, I feel that it's ridiculous to say that I was engaged in "abusive behavior" last weekend, but I am partially in the wrong thos time -- I should have kept NIRD n mind. (I actually do have the "I" covered, but I often click "show comment" since their median comments is mostly positive value). I will rely more upon R and D in the future.

• Like 3

I wonder if EEAAO will get a cinemascore (it’s not wide enough this wknd for an automatic one, but it could be commissioned and privately reported). That would have a decent chance at the + from what I can see.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I wonder if EEAAO will get a cinemascore (it’s not wide enough this wknd for an automatic one, but it could be commissioned and privately reported). That would have a decent chance at the + from what I can see.

A24 rarely does CinemaScore ratings, I believe. Only ones that come to mind are the two Ari Aster movies (Hereditary's D+ was fun while Midsommar scoring a C+ was better than expected because of that lol).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

I think both it and The Bad Guys should’ve opened in mid March. Ambulance on the 18th and Bad Guys on the 11th. Good counterprogramming and less competition for both.

Bad Guys should have moved to May 20th.

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

How am I always the one warned against Legion whenever I make correct points and mention obvious biases due to Marvel favoritism?  Tell Legion to ignore me or ignore anyone who doesn't bow down and praise everything that isn't produced by Feige.

Why you don't ignore him because it seems you are the one getting bothered by his posts, not him

• Like 1

Michael Bay has not made a single good movie in his career and I doubt Ambulance changes that. We don't need him. 

Bit of a soft opening for Everything Everywhere, even with the subdued screen count. Once again proof that Twitter buzz =/= real life. 

• Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Michael Bay has not made a single good movie in his career and I doubt Ambulance changes that. We don't need him. 

Bit of a soft opening for Everything Everywhere, even with the subdued screen count. Once again proof that Twitter buzz =/= real life. 

5-6M this weekend is basically hitting expectations with a very strong pta

Edited by Thanos Legion

9 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Dude do you actually like movies or do you just spend all your time shitting on everything?

• Like 2

Everything Everywhere was placed in smaller theaters near me and ended up adding showtimes at a few locations tonight (some are moving it into bigger theaters tomorrow). Given how bleak it's been for the indie market since the pandemic era began, $5-6M expansion is really good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Damn, I always miss the drama. Another opportunity to instigate, wasted! 

:whosad:

It's not very dramatic drama anyway, I think Claire would be dissapointed

12 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Bad Boys is fantastic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'm gonna grade Sonic, but Holy Ending Scene, Batman!

Here I'm sitting with no clue as my ENTIRE THEATER goes absolutely NUTS!  I haven't seen an ending scene cause such a huge reaction since The Avengers with Thanos...sign me up for Sonic 3 going $100M+ OW...

Huge reaction over Thanos in 2012?

how?