EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/6-9) // 12.4m Mon // 13.76m Tue // 12.4m Wed // 9.0m Thurs

8 minutes ago, Legion and Thunder said:

I’ve got ComScore+, shows you tomorrow’s nums. Totally legit, pinky promise. Look no further.

Is ComScore+ the almanac?

11 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Bruh. Should have let it go further. 

Nah, because you have to recognize that the person you’re interacting with doesn’t get it and think about why they may not be getting it. Messing with certain people isn’t fun.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ZurgXXR said:

If it could pull that off with the PLF loss it’ll incur this weekend, then everything except TFA and Endgame would be on the table.

agreed. 70+ and 650+ and then some is on the table. Although I don’t think it makes that. Then again not like I best top 5 Tuesday either.

JW even assuming it massively disappoints will take away a lot. Next week I bet lightyear crushes it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

agreed. 70+ and 650+ and then some is on the table. Although I don’t think it makes that. Then again not like I best top 5 Tuesday either.

JW even assuming it massively disappoints will take away a lot. Next week I bet lightyear crushes it.

Lightyear crushes TGM but not JWD? Lightyear has a much better chance crushing the latter than the former. Can you please clarify your JWD prediction?

Edited by LegendaryBen

22 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

this is being ridiculous. I dont think lightyear and TGM audience cross that much. This is a water cooler movie at this point bringing in folks who would not see JWD or Lightyear if you pay them to see those movies. When a movie hits that it will handle competition very well. It wont drop the same like if there were no competition but it will still do better than what we expect. 

That said I am not on 70+ train. That would have been possible only if JWD did not open this week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

this is being ridiculous. I dont think lightyear and TGM audience cross that much. This is a water cooler movie at this point bringing in folks who would not see JWD or Lightyear if you pay them to see those movies. When a movie hits that it will handle competition very well. It wont drop the same like if there were no competition but it will still do better than what we expect. 

That said I am not on 70+ train. That would have been possible only if JWD did not open this week. 

Love this detailed post. I'm hoping for a sub-50% drop. What are your current predictions for its 3rd weekend?

boxofficepro is predicting maverick to lose 500 theaters this weekend

Is that small theathers/drive-ins that have less than 4 screens and are giving them all to dominion?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

boxofficepro is predicting maverick to lose 500 theaters this weekend

Is that small theathers/drive-ins that have less than 4 screens and are giving them all to dominion?

@Shawn Did you mean to say 4700, will it truly lose 500 theaters, or is it just a prediction? That can't be possible of it losing more than DS2.

4 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

@Shawn Did you mean to say 4700, will it truly lose 500 theaters, or is it just a prediction? That can't be possible of it losing more than DS2.

Yes it will lose 500 (approx.), no that's not a prediction. 

Edited by ZurgXXR
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There are stand alone imax theaters which will now show JWD. So TGM will lose those. That said theater count is irrelevant. It all depends on how many shows it has this friday. I am expecting around 70-75% of shows compared to last week. That is more than enough to have a good hold though average ticket price will tumble without Imax/PLF. 

I hope @katnisscinnaplex will update show count for tomorrow/friday and look at how much TGM is dropping. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

There are stand alone imax theaters which will now show JWD. So TGM will lose those. That said theater count is irrelevant. It all depends on how many shows it has this friday. I am expecting around 70-75% of shows compared to last week. That is more than enough to have a good hold though average ticket price will tumble without Imax/PLF. 

I hope @katnisscinnaplex will update show count for tomorrow/friday and look at how much TGM is dropping. 

As long as it's above 45m 3rd weekend, I will be happy.

• Founder / Operator
23 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

Yeah, it loses IMAX and some small theater locations as @ZurgXXR and @keysersoze123 mention. 

• Thanks 1