EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/6-9) // 12.4m Mon // 13.76m Tue // 12.4m Wed // 9.0m Thurs

Finally watched TG2. Matinee, but 1/3 full auditorium. Applause at the end. Overheard a group of 60+ year olds saying they’d watch it again right now. 

For my part, absolutely loved it. Most thrilling action flick I’ve seen in years. It deserves all the dollars. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I was shocked to see how theater chain treat TGM like a flop in Malaysia. That movie had its 2nd weekend flat from the opening yet I estimate the movie lose 70% of the showtime to JWD in this coming weekend.

It was up in 2nd weekend but collections was still $1.25M only. JWD is supposed to be $5M+ opener, so its rather simple to have JWD in many many many more shows.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 4:14 PM, LegendaryBen said:

Lightyear crushes TGM but not JWD? Lightyear has a much better chance crushing the latter than the former. Can you please clarify your JWD prediction?

nope I’m saying even if JWD disappoints versus expectations I think lightyear exceeds expectations. Fallen Kingdom sucks, no idea if JWD willl meet expectations. Looks bad but it’s a huge film.