EmpireCity

Weekdays Thread (6/6-9) // 12.4m Mon // 13.76m Tue // 12.4m Wed // 9.0m Thurs

24 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Skydance and Paramount’s Top Gun: Maverick earned another $12.71 million on Wednesday, down just 14% from last Wednesday and 8% from yesterday, bringing its domestic cume up to $334.5 million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2022/06/09/tom-cruise-top-gun-maverick-marvel-doctor-strange-2-and-everything-everywhere-pass-box-office-milestones/?sh=50cb2d9d2d02

Did nobody realise this? 

The 3 top grossing Chinese-themed movie in USA, namely Crazy rich Asian, Crouching tiger hidden dragon and now EEAO, are all starring Michelle Yeoh? 

20 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

There are stand alone imax theaters which will now show JWD. So TGM will lose those. That said theater count is irrelevant. It all depends on how many shows it has this friday. I am expecting around 70-75% of shows compared to last week. That is more than enough to have a good hold though average ticket price will tumble without Imax/PLF. 

I hope @katnisscinnaplex will update show count for tomorrow/friday and look at how much TGM is dropping. 

Of course.  Showtime report will be up in the morning.  Anything special to look for other than the normal?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, katnisscinnaplex said:

Of course.  Showtime report will be up in the morning.  Anything special to look for other than the normal?

just wanted to see how many shows does TGM have compared to last friday plus how many shows does JWD have relative to say TGM opening friday 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

just wanted to see how many shows does TGM have compared to last friday plus how many shows does JWD have relative to say TGM opening friday 2 weeks ago. 

Pretty sure JWD show count is going to be below TG2 OW by a fair amount ... TG2's $90M last weekend is more than the entire T10 from the week before TG2 opened (along with Bob's Burgers)

JWD + TG2 is going to be on MoM/NWH levels of screen saturation though, everything else scrambling for scraps, with #3-10 maybe making $15M-16M combined

• Founder / Operator
25 minutes ago, Travod said:

Can I just say this website is probably the most cancerous website I have been to on mobile. The ads.... just why....

15 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Use Brave browser instead and no issues at all.

Or instead, sign up for a donation tier. Forum databases, design, and hosting with the number of features as this site has don't pay for themselves. 

Otherwise, please support the community by not using or promoting ad-evasion plug-ins or browsers.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Or instead, sign up for a donation tier. Forum databases, design, and hosting with the number of features as this site don't pay for themselves. 

Otherwise, please support the community but not using ad-evasion plug-ins or browsers.

Will do! I won’t use brave.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Or instead, sign up for a donation tier. Forum databases, design, and hosting with the number of features as this site has don't pay for themselves. 

Otherwise, please support the community by not using or promoting ad-evasion plug-ins or browsers.

I don't know, there's ads and then there's whatever is going on with this forum specifically. It's like auto-full screen pop ups that don't easily close, then five ads between each comment in a thread, just weird spacing all around, just.. not great Jim :(

25 minutes ago, Travod said:

I don't know, there's ads and then there's whatever is going on with this forum specifically. It's like auto-full screen pop ups that don't easily close, then five ads between each comment in a thread, just weird spacing all around, just.. not great Jim :(

Usually for me I get the same banner ad for the entire page. I don't need to see "the new standard in nail care" 2-3 times between posts, 20 times in a single page

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Did nobody realise this? 

The 3 top grossing Chinese-themed movie in USA, namely Crazy rich Asian, Crouching tiger hidden dragon, Shang Chi and now EEAO, are all starring Michelle Yeoh? 

She’s such a queen. Deserved!