grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

1 hour ago, Cap said:

i love that when you quote this image is my Letterboxd with my favorite films shows up.  

like, yes, yes, make sure to put:

Alien

Beauty and the Beast (1991)

Cabaret

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Mildred Pierce

The Searchers

Singin’ In The Rain

Sunset Blvd

The Birdcage

The Philadelphia Story

On your lists folks!!  Good movies!!

Great list, Cap! Have a blast at SDCC and say hi to Krypto for me if you see him!

My early Sunday, not-yet-caffeinated list would include Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, American Beauty, Waiting for Guffman, Fellowship of the Ring, The Searchers, Wizard of Oz, Double Indemnity, Finding Neverland, Infinity War, Amelie, Inside Out, It's a Wonderful LIfe, Fargo, and scores of others...

Edited by A Star is Orm
typo

2 hours ago, M37 said:

My highest non-Jurassic Park in-theater viewing count (which is 5, including 3 during the original opening and 2 re-releases) is probably just 2? Maybe something got a 3rd that I don’t recall, and I’m not against repeat viewings, but between work and kids there usually just wasn’t time for more 

For full price - one twice - Titanic.

For kids summer movies, I think I've seen a few of those now 3-4 times...but at $1-2/ticket each 2nd, 3rd, 4th time, it doesn't hurt the wallet much...

11 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

TGM is still flying high, another 3.3m gained on BP. With getting some PLF back soon, expecting sub 20% drops from now on.

That might be international only because Nope is coming out in August overseas

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

The Exorcist doesn’t scare you? Lucky.

I can’t watch anything to do with the devil. That Southern Baptist upbringing runs deep.

I actually feel bad for not liking the Exorcist all that much. I mean I love horror movies and it's one of the all-time greats and yet I just think it's massively overrated.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

MCU phase 4 second weekend holds

BW -68% (summer)

SC -54%

Eternals -62%
NWH -68% (Eve & Christmas)

DS2 -67%

T:T&L -68% (summer)

You can put Venom 2 since it is in a way a connected to NWH. And you get another -65%. 

Just now, Noctis said:

Give me an R-rated violent horror dinosaur film. 

Fallen Kingdom's back-half, but actually bloody... And let's be honest, without the island part of that movie, and a cast of new faces, you can get something like that done on a sub-100 million budget.

Though I guess you then invite a very direct comparison with Alien/Aliens. Meh...I'd still watch it (and bitch about it after).