filmscholar

The End of Summer: Dragon Ball Super Super Hero/Beast Weekend Thread | DBS 20.1, Beast 11.6, BT 8, Pets 5.8 | TGM 5.85. Passes Infinity War to become sixth-biggest domestic earner

2 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I used to be obsessed with DBZ. I had all the Boudakai games. But that was like 17 years ago

Same, it'll always have a special place in my heart.

I watched the recent movies at home which were fun and lovely to catch up with these characters from childhood but didn't really care to watch a whole follow up/adjacent? TV show. Feel like that's for the next generation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FilmFincher said:

Same, it'll always have a special place in my heart.

I watched the recent movies at home which were fun and lovely to catch up with these characters from childhood but didn't really care to watch a whole follow up/adjacent? TV show. Feel like that's for the next generation. 

That's a nice way to say Dragonball Super is complete garbage, DBZ had a better story, DBS is Thor level comedy hour

dragon ball has always had juvenile humour you might just be older.  i watched the original dragon ball z back in the day and then broly/this new movie and nothing in between and it seems it hasn't changed much to me aside from the animation style.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Who and what?

Rue from The Hunger Games vs. New York Times critic Lena Wilson

https://www.thewrap.com/amandla-stenberg-bodies-bodies-bodies-new-york-times-critic/

A lot of people also disagreed with the characterization of Bodies Bodies Bodies as a "95-minute advertisement for cleavage."

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

24 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Just Noticed

Hispanic audience percentage in North America for Anime film

Dragon Ball Super Hero 37% (2022)

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 32% (2022)

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train 35% (2021)

Dragon Ball Broly 29% (2019)

Anime is very popular with black and hispanic people, I recently watched the Trunks - Cell Saga and don't understand how season 4 has better animation than any Dragonball Super movie,and that was made in the 90's, maybe Toei should give Dragonball to Mappa

29 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Just Noticed

Hispanic audience percentage in North America for Anime film

Dragon Ball Super Hero 37% (2022)

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 32% (2022)

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train 35% (2021)

Dragon Ball Broly 29% (2019)

A lot of my family loves anime, but specifically dragon ball. The only time I watched anime was when I was in high school because everyone in my school loved anime.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

maybe Toei should give Dragonball to Mappa

Won't suggest this.

Already handling a lot of works — should go to Ufotable instead... Though, both the studios are amazing!!!

6 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

A lot of my family loves anime, but specifically dragon ball. The only time I watched anime was when I was in high school because everyone in my school loved anime.

I guess you should try now too. May be you can have a refreshing moment to school memories