filmscholar

The End of Summer: Dragon Ball Super Super Hero/Beast Weekend Thread | DBS 20.1, Beast 11.6, BT 8, Pets 5.8 | TGM 5.85. Passes Infinity War to become sixth-biggest domestic earner

Anime's one of those things where I tell myself to get into it...but I just can't bring myself to. There's always like ten flashy new ones airing all at the same time and I have zero idea which ones I should watch or care about. And like the biggest ones have gone on for wayyyyyy too long that it feels like a chore and a half to watch them. Why on Earth are there over 1,000 episodes of One Piece? It's not even like there's an original One Piece and a reboot series or something. No, it's all one show. Whose idea was this?

• Like 2

One piece is great, hope we can hit 1500 before wrapping things up. The anime pacing is awful though, reading is better for the most part.   

For actual watching, 12-25 ep standalone content is a lot more manageable. PMMM, baccano, psycho pass some of my faves.

Edited by Legion By Night
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric the Lion said:

Anime's one of those things where I tell myself to get into it...but I just can't bring myself to. There's always like ten flashy new ones airing all at the same time and I have zero idea which ones I should watch or care about. And like the biggest ones have gone on for wayyyyyy too long that it feels like a chore and a half to watch them. Why on Earth are there over 1,000 episodes of One Piece? It's not even like there's an original One Piece and a reboot series or something. No, it's all one show. Whose idea was this?

I too haven't watched One Piece but yes have seen their movies 

You may try SPY X FAMILY, Jujutsu Kaisen, Demon Slayer &ofc Chainsaw Man which is currently the most popular manga on US (Anime debuts in Oct)

The numbers make you wonder why fox fucked up so badly on Dragonball live action adaptation. All they had to do was stay true to the anime/manga and deliver some great visuals/action sequences with the right cast. I would like hollywood to take another crack at it with the right team behind it.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Won't suggest this.

Already handling a lot of works — should go to Ufotable instead... Though, both the studios are amazing!!!

I guess you should try now too. May be you can have a refreshing moment to school memories 

No, Ufotable need to focus on Swordsmith Village and find a way of getting me another movie. I need Inousuke on the big screen again damn it! 

10 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

That's a nice way to say Dragonball Super is complete garbage, DBZ had a better story, DBS is Thor level comedy hour

I couldn't really say, I thought Super seemed quite popular from a distance.

But you'll always have DBZ if Super didn't work for you!