Issac Newton

Weekday Thread | WED NUM - Spidey $6.4M TF7 $4.3M TLM $3.0M

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

SV2 is currently tracking 20m ahead of Wonder Woman but WW had some tiny drops coming up.

Hopefully Spider-verse gets a nice Father's Day bump.

Matching the $41m third weekend of WW with Flash and Elemental acting as competition will be impossible, it should be able to beat its $27.5m Mon-Thu haul though as for whatever reason it's performing extremely strong in the weekdays.

Edited by IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

SV2 is currently tracking 20m ahead of Wonder Woman but WW had some tiny drops coming up.

Hopefully Spider-verse gets a nice Father's Day bump.

It’s been a while I didn’t root for an ‘underdog’ superhero film getting insane box office holds. Last time I remember was with Wonder Woman. I just hope that Sony understands the gem they have here and allow it to have an actual lengthy box office run. We can wait to watch it at home, they already have our money for that.

• Like 3

Comedy usually doesn’t translate well overseas. The Barbie brand/IP should help it somewhat but I still think the film overall is being overestimated.  300m WW for Barbie is what I’m currently

predicting. 

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Matching the $41m third weekend of WW with Flash and Elemental acting as competition will be impossible, it should be able to beat its $27.5m Mon-Thu haul though as for whatever reason it's performing extremely strong in the weekdays.

WW increased 41% on Tuesday.

14 hours ago, Grebacio said:

Shang Chi maybe?

That's what I thought, but the director is already working on Kang Dinasty. That makes me think that Kang Dinasty will work as a sort of SC sequel but with more characters.

It could be SM or a movie Marvel is working but doesn't want to spoil yet (a bridge to mutants?) Lets see

16 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Wonder Woman probably had more competition than sv will tbf

Gotg3 chugging along with nice holds, can probably maintain decent screens until at least MI and maybe even Barbie/oppen with the way things are going. 360s with a slight chance of hitting 370 for ~3.1x

• Like 1

22 hours ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

-61% for Spidey is a much better drop than Wonder Woman's -67% on the exact same date from 2017.

I'm curious now if fewer schools were off in mid-June 2017 versus 2023 since Wonder Woman's second weekend was very strong while its weekdays have been losing to Spidey. I'd have thought both of them releasing on the same calendar day would make it a good apples to apples comparison but now I'm not sure.

AtSV is more of a kids movie. That's why.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Gotg3 chugging along with nice holds, can probably maintain decent screens until at least MI and maybe even Barbie/oppen with the way things are going. 360s with a slight chance of hitting 370 for ~3.1x

So is 850 still on the table?

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

It’s just killing it on these weekdays!

It was such a good release spot for this film. Got the jump on Flash and gets to take advantage of the school free weekdays, which will only improve over the rest of this month as more schools get out.

17 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s been a while I didn’t root for an ‘underdog’ superhero film getting insane box office holds. Last time I remember was with Wonder Woman. I just hope that Sony understands the gem they have here and allow it to have an actual lengthy box office run. We can wait to watch it at home, they already have our money for that.

PVOD so long as the rental costs are high has essentially zero impact on late legs. We have evidence of that with multiple films. Mario and Minions being recent good ones. Jurassic World Dominion being another. 

1 hour ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Just hoping it get to that 3+ multi... That's pretty rare with superhero stuff since 2010 or so.