baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

Paramount/Skydance’s Mission: Impossible: Dead Reckoning – Part One is looking at $6M-$7M in previews so far, which is bound to be higher than the Thursday previews of the last Mission Impossible – Fallout back in 2018 which did $6M. This is according to sources. The figures we’re seeing now could go higher or lower.

Dead Reckoning previews began at 2PM today, however, I hear there were PLF fan screenings on Monday and that handful of bucks is accounted for in the estimate.

I get it that mission impossible is probably going to make a bulk of its money internationally but it doesn't feel like at least right now that it's heading towards a massive domestic hall. If it really does 7 million in previews that seems incredibly soft. And if it misses a hundred million for the 5-day, that's horrible as well.

• Like 1

And the budget for this thing is almost $300 million as well. So it needs a lot of freaking money just to break even.

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I get it that mission impossible is probably going to make a bulk of its money internationally but it doesn't feel like at least right now that it's heading towards a massive domestic hall. If it really does 7 million in previews that seems incredibly soft. And if it misses a hundred million for the 5-day, that's horrible as well.

I'm not sure I follow.... Most expected it would sell right around the same number of tickets as Fallout... Fallout did 220M in 2018. With inflation that's what? 245M+ now? That's what I expected. Fallout opened to 60 and did 220. Indy is not a good comparison to MI. MI is a good comparison to MI. There are 6 of them before this one... Especially the last two with McQ directing are likely the best comparisons. Both had awesome legs. Neither opened huge.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think it’s easy to forget that despite the series last this long, it’s not a massive domestic performer.  I’m sure 1/2 adjust to some pretty good numbers, but unadjusted, it’s never gotten over $220m. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I struggle to believe MI7 and Sound of Freedom will be this close to each other for true Tuesday (since they say the MI 7 $6-7M includes both the Sun and Mon previews) when one has all PLF and the biggest screens,,, and one does not...this has got to be too low and Deadline being Deadline...and if it's not, well, wow...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I think it’s easy to forget that despite the series last this long, it’s not a massive domestic performer.  I’m sure 1/2 adjust to some pretty good numbers, but unadjusted, it’s never gotten over $220m. 

I have just to accept that no matter how much I and others love this franchise lots of people just don't care. As one person said if a CMB was sitting at 98% on RT it would be blowing  easily past 10 million or so in previews. The fact that the Fast movies have hit peaks this franchise never has can be a little frustrating. It is what it is I guess. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric Stickell said:

Mission Impossible numbers will go in here with the other weekday numbers. Just makes things less cluttered and confusing.

My bad. I just used the MARIO weekend thread as reference since it also opened on a Wednesday and a thread was created for it despite not having the numbers yet.