Total   16 29 13 13 3,292 0.39%
Ungentlemanly (EA) T-9 Jax 2 3 86 86 320 26.88%
    Phx 3 3 44 44 405 10.86%
    Ral 3 3 79 79 356 22.19%
  Total   8 9 209 209 1,081 19.33%

Day 1 adjusted comps

- MI:7 (Total) - .847x (6.11m)

- TMNT (Total) - .738x (3.63m)

- Ghostbusters Afterlife - .953x (3.44m)

- Ghostbusters FE - 1.078x (3.89m)

- Godzilla x Kong - .59x (4.35m)

- Kingdom of Apes - 2.494x

Solid first day for EA sales.  With the shows being on Saturday I think that'll give it a great boost and still allow time for preview sales to pick up after.

Am I reading this wrong or is Ungentlemanly Warfare doing $4M+ combined previews + EA

Because the latter would be pretty wild 

15 minutes ago, Relevation said:

Am I reading this wrong or is Ungentlemanly Warfare doing $4M+ combined previews + EA

Because the latter would be pretty wild 

This is just based on one day of sales, but EA is doing much better than I would have expected.  I'd like to see sales on a larger scale before putting any predictions out there

1 hour ago, katnisscinnaplex said:

Then we get back into the issue of previews comps not being accurate since EA is taking away all early sales

Something we have to just go with. Though from my experience, its okay to just ignore EA before MON of release.

Especially in this case where actual weekend of release is well short of EA.

In MiniTC2

EA - 480/5191 (30 showings)

Thu - 11/11332 (57 showings)
Fri - 2/26366 (125 showings)

MAI

$1.66M in 2-Weeks! Highest Grossing Vietnamese Title in North America, topping "Bố già" ($1.3M) 8-Weeks Run!

$2M for Mai at the international box office is an absolute game-changer and we are thrilled. Three years ago, $1M at the U.S. box office was unheard of and until 2024, $2M in North America and Europe was almost unimaginable. Our mission has always been to expand markets and attract new audiences to international and independent titles. Mai’s international box office success shows 3388 Films was able to certainly reach both the diaspora and general audience. This fuels our energy to continue to support Southeast Asian films tap into their growth potential and break long-standing market ceilings.

Thien A. Pham of 3388 Films (via @Deadline)

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Hey All,

Some news to share.

I've left Boxoffice.com (BOP) as of this week. I'll have more news eventually, but just wanted to mention that I am no longer delivering forecasts for the weekend or long range on their website. If anyone asks or mentions it in the thread or the forum in general, I kindly ask anyone that can to please let them know about the change so I can try to limit the questions tagging me about it or what their site publishes going forward.

Thanks so much for all your support, friends. More to come.

Shawn

• Like 19
  • Heart 39
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, vafrow said:

Monkey Man, Western GTA (Southern Ontario), T-1, Thursday previews

Total Sales: 177

New Sales : 63

Growth: 55%

Theatres tracked: MTC4

Total theatres: 5

Showtimes: 10

Radius: 19 km

Tickets per showtime: 17.7

Ticket premium in effect: No

Sales by timing (sales/showtimes)

Early Evening: 111/5

Late Evening: 66/5

Sales by format (sales/showtimes)

Regular: 117/8

Dolby: 60/2

Comps

0.420x HG: BoSS for $2.4M

0.585x Aquaman 2 for $2.5M

0.147x Dune 2 for $1.5M

Average: $2.1M

A really good day. Big increase leading to a rise against comps. I think it speaks positively about the prospect of good walkups over the course of the day.

On the whole dialogue about whether the Indian diaspora will be drawn to this film, I think it's making an impact, but just giving it a slight boost more than anything.

Hopefully this ends up closer to $2M than $1.5M (or lower).

As of about 12:30, sales have gone up only 14% from this morning.

Last week GxK did about 25%, but had the benefit of being Easter weekend. GB:FE was about 16%, but also had shows starting as early as 2:00 pm. MM only has evening shows.

Still, I was hoping for a bit stronger.

• Like 1

Just now, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

I've left Boxoffice.com (BOP) as of this week. I'll have more news eventually, but just wanted to mention that I am no longer delivering forecasts for the weekend or long range on their website. If anyone asks or mentions it in the thread or the forum in general, I kindly ask anyone that can to please let them know about the change so I can try to limit the questions tagging me about it or what their site publishes going forward.

Shawn

Best of luck on your future work and if you go to write somewhere else please share with us.

• Like 6
  • Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

Shawn

2f0.gif

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

Shawn

WE LOVE YOU KING! 

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

Shawn

Good luck in wherever you go next Shawn! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

Shawn

We love you Shawn ❤️

1 hour ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

Shawn

End of the Era. Congratulations on your time at BO.com and best wishes on your next endeavor. 

At least we can make fun of BO.com forecasts going forward :sparta:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Astonished 2

I'm sorry to hear that you leave Boxoffice.com @Shawn Robbins. Very much appreciated your work :).

The First Omen, counted today for today, had 184 sold tickets.

Up good 53% since yesterday. 

Comps (all counted on Thursday of the release week for Thursday): Firestarter had 171 sold tickets = 400k.

Thanksgiving had 365 = 500k.

Prey for the Devil had 164 = 750k.

Demeter had 258 = 550k.

The Pope's Exorcist had 257 = 600k.

The Invitation had 218 = 650k.

M3gan had 782 = 650k.

Barbarian had 249 = 600k.

And Lisa Frankenstein had 276 = 450k.

Immaculate (2M OD including previews/5.3M OW) had 237 sold tickets.

Average: 550k.

Judging from my theaters high single digits is already the best case scenario. But at least it improved a bit in the comps and the jump was decent. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Shawn Robbins said:

Hey All,

Some news to share.

Shawn

All the best, Shawn!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

FLORIDA 

Monkey Man

Thursday 

T-1

SHOWINGS

SEATS SOLD

TOTAL SEATS

PERCENT SOLD

2.2%

*numbers taken as of 6:00PM EST

SEATS SOLD SINCE YESTERDAY

SHOWINGS ADDED SINCE YESTERDAY

SELLOUTS

COMPS

T-1

(1.327x) of Night Swim $2.00M  

(0.631x) of Argylle $1.07M  

Comps average: $1.54M

FLORIDA 

Monkey Man

Thursday 

T-0 *Final Update

SHOWINGS

SEATS SOLD

TOTAL SEATS

PERCENT SOLD

2.7%

*numbers taken as of 3:00PM EST

SEATS SOLD SINCE YESTERDAY

SHOWINGS ADDED SINCE YESTERDAY

SELLOUTS

COMPS

T-0

(1.114x) of Night Swim $1.67M  

(0.594x) of Argylle $1.01M  

Comps average: $1.34M

Fairly weak final day. I'll call it at $1.6M since Night Swim is probably the better comp. 

This is the final update. Probably not going to track walkups for this since that's pretty time consuming. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On Ministry of blah, EA release seem fairly wide and its show count for previews is extremely low. 

Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare MTC1

Early shows - 8190/34629 124010.80 259 shows

Previews - 1174/75028 18136.02 621 shows

Friday - 1167/173989 16890.45 1408 shows

Really strong sales for early shows. Otherwise nothing at this point.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2