setna

Weekday numbers 7-31 to 8-3

20 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Japan is angry at WB because the official Barbie twitter account engaged with and endorsed some Barbenheimer memes that in their eyes were disrespectful to the victims of Hiroshima/Nagasaki. They're not upset with Oppenheimer, and some aren't even upset at the Barbenheimer memes, but rather the unprofessionalism of the official Barbie twitter account engaging in it.

Atleast some sane voice 

3 hours ago, Juby said:

I finally got to see Barbie and... wow. I can't remember the last time I was so embarrassed during a movie screening and wanted to leave the theater. The issues raised by the film are important and the message is right, but this is such an awkward and not fanny comedy :unsure::ph34r: It's sad that this is the movie that breaks the last TDK and HP7.2 records to become the new WB king. I don't get the hype and I don't get the legs. In a perfect world, M:I-7 is crushes it at the box office.

i didn't like the movie either outside of few parts but i am truly happy for the numbers its doing because female blockbusters needs representation in hollywood instead of another action film catering towards male audiences (which is underperforming due to its own fault of bad schedule)

Edited by lalalandism
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Juby said:

It's sad that this is the movie that breaks the last TDK and HP7.2 records to become the new WB king. I don't get the hype and I don't get the legs. In a perfect world, M:I-7 is crushes it at the box office.

Your definition of a perfect world is a Mission Impossible movie makes money?:hahaha: 

4 hours ago, Juby said:

I finally got to see Barbie and... wow. I can't remember the last time I was so embarrassed during a movie screening and wanted to leave the theater. The issues raised by the film are important and the message is right, but this is such an awkward and not fanny comedy

interesting typo

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I mean Jurassic World Dominion was a thing. I've completely forgotten what the plot was.

Dr. Henry Wu - carrying out a task for the shady company Bioysn - created a type of giant locust that now threatens the food supply of the whole world if they dont get under control. Meanwhile, he and Biosyn also want to catch Maisie Lockwood, the clone granddaughter from John Hammons former partner, Benjamin Lockwood, in order to study her DNA. Maisie meanwhile lives with Owen and Claire, while Blue the Raptor and her kid roam nearby as well. Maisie and the yound raptor then get kidnapped by Biosysn mercenarys and Owen/Claire decide to follow them to rescue Maisie.

At the same time, Ellie and Ian get an invitation from Bioysn to come to their remote dinosaur sanctuary, where Ian gives advice for young students in the field of chaos theory. Ellie in reality though wants to get some proof that Bioysin is behind the Locust outbreak and Owen/Claire eventually team up with them to get Maisie, the raptor and the Locust proof. They narrowly get out alive of the sanctuary, Bioysn boss Lewis Dogson gets eaten, Henry Wo with Maisies DNA manages to stop the Locust plague and Alan and Ellie get together in the end while Dinosaurs all over the planet begin to roam more feely. 

The end.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Dr. Henry Wu - carrying out a task for the shady company Bioysn - created a type of giant locust that now threatens the food supply of the whole world if they dont get under control. Meanwhile, he and Biosyn also want to catch Maisie Lockwood, the clone granddaughter from John Hammons former partner, Benjamin Lockwood, in order to study her DNA. Maisie meanwhile lives with Owen and Claire, while Blue the Raptor and her kid roam nearby as well. Maisie and the yound raptor then get kidnapped by Biosysn mercenarys and Owen/Claire decide to follow them to rescue Maisie.

At the same time, Ellie and Ian get an invitation from Bioysn to come to their remote dinosaur sanctuary, where Ian gives advice for young students in the field of chaos theory. Ellie in reality though wants to get some proof that Bioysin is behind the Locust outbreak and Owen/Claire eventually team up with them to get Maisie, the raptor and the Locust proof. They narrowly get out alive of the sanctuary, Bioysn boss Lewis Dogson gets eaten, Henry Wo with Maisies DNA manages to stop the Locust plague and Alan and Ellie get together in the end while Dinosaurs all over the planet begin to roam more feely. 

The end.

:rofl:

10 hours ago, John Marston said:

Indy suffered from bad will generated by Crystal Skull and recent Lucasfilm shows/movies, fans being turned off by the rumors of Phoebe Waller Bridge taking over the franchise, and the negative Cannes reviews spreading a whole month before release. 

Crystal Skull was fifteen years ago - more than enough time for the next film to be completely stripped of its sins. Rumours of Phoebe were inconsequential. Cannes reviews definitely put a dent, but the main issue was and always has been...THE FUCKING CHARACTER IS ANCIENT AND NO ONE WANTS TO SEE AN 85 YEAR OLD MAN IN AN ACTION FRANCHISE.

Indy should have been left well alone. Even a sequel with entirely new characters (not senior) with only a small connection to Indy would have done a lot better than this one.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

Talking about movies centered around the female audience and the first thing y'all say is romcoms, lol. Women want stories about womanhood that are relatable, expansive, and real. That's why Barbie is thriving like this (and to an extent the reason why Taylor Swift is the biggest artist of the century). 

Don't put women inside a box. 

Yeah, I don't want rom coms...

I'd rather get crime thrillers...someone mentioned John Grisham's movie string from the 90s - that would be awesome to do again with a new author's stuff (or some of his later works)...

• Heart 1

Jurassic world honestly needs a long break before It becames the next Transformers or fast and furious. Every movie in the Trilogy lost 300M from the One before. I can see a new One made in just like 4-5 years doing the same again. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I'd rather get crime thrillers...someone mentioned John Grisham's movie string from the 90s - that would be awesome to do again with a new author's stuff (or some of his later works)...

Agreed on bringing back thrillers, give me stuff like The Fugitive all day long

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Jurassic world honestly needs a long break before It becames the next Transformers or fast and furious. Every movie in the Trilogy lost 300M from the One before. I can see a new One made in just like 4-5 years doing the same again. 

Thats what im hoping for. The series needs a 5-6 year hiatus imo. And if they want to make new films, then they first really need to have a coherent plan for it. I love the JW films with all my heart, but as a trilogy, the storythreads are a bit all over the place.

New director, new actors and new storyline is what JP needs when it returns.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The point of that discussion was big budget blockbusters aimed to women.

People tend to mention romance genre, because it's a pretty popular genre for women.

I'm not sure if 90s crime thrillers were pretty popular between women (although The Bodyguard seems to be pretty popular). Someone know the male-female ratio for other of these movies?

Edited by Kon

51 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Crystal Skull was fifteen years ago - more than enough time for the next film to be completely stripped of its sins. Rumours of Phoebe were inconsequential. Cannes reviews definitely put a dent, but the main issue was and always has been...THE FUCKING CHARACTER IS ANCIENT AND NO ONE WANTS TO SEE AN 85 YEAR OLD MAN IN AN ACTION FRANCHISE.

Indy should have been left well alone. Even a sequel with entirely new characters (not senior) with only a small connection to Indy would have done a lot better than this one.

Crystal skull is where the whole "no body wants an old Indy" was clearly visible in the first place.

I'm not even sure with a new actor it wouldn't have crushed and burned too.

Indy was Simply a product of it's time and should be put on ice if not forever then a really long hiatus like 10-15+ years and do hard reboot which just has to be good to have any chance of working.

But knowing Hollywood it wouldn't surprise if they  probably terminator the shit out of it.